- 14 hrs ago Everything You Need To Know About The Buddhist Diet
- 14 hrs ago Daughter’s Day 2020: Here’s What You Can Do For Your Princess
- 15 hrs ago Neha Dhupia’s Work-From-Home Outfit Is For Those Who Don’t Want To Compromise On Style And Comfort
- 15 hrs ago Do You Constantly Throw Away Food? Here Are 21 Tips To Reduce Food Waste
- Sports IPL 2020: SRH skipper Warner says death bowling strength prompted decision at toss
- News Modi to address 69th episode of Mann Ki Baat at 11 am today
- Technology How Reliance Jio's In-Flight Connectivity Works: Here Are All Details
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up Again For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- Finance 3 Ways To Play The Gold Theme As It Will Bounce Back
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
You shouldn't consume more than 2300 mg of sodium a day. In fact, if you have health conditions like BP or heart issues, only 1500 mg of sodium is allowed.
Most of us eat more than that. We carve for salty foods. And sometimes, excess sodium in the body gives you a bloated feeling. You tend to feel uncomfortable.
Sodium makes your body retain water. That is why you feel bloated. In such a case, you can follow some tips to feel normal by flushing out excess sodium. Here are they....
Also Read : Check Out The Health Benefits Of Not Eating Salt
Drink water. How much? Actually, drink two and a half ounces of water for every kilo of your body weight.
Suppose if you weigh 70 kilos, you might need to drink around 18-20 glasses of water. Don't flush it, just sip it. If you are confused about how much water to take, simply drink more water than usual to flush out sodium.
Eat a banana. You need more potassium; banana contains this mineral. A cup of banana gives you around 800 mg of potassium. You can also eat tomatoes and dried apricots.
Get at least 4 grams of potassium on a daily basis. High levels of potassium can release sodium. If you are pregnant, don't follow this tip.
Also Read : Here Are Some Foods That Help To Remove Excess Salt From Your Body
Try to go for a walk and sweat it out. The excess sodium can leave your body through sweat. But keep hydrating your body in the process.
Don't eat any salted snack like chips or nachos. Incoming sodium levels will dominate the outgoing sodium levels and the overall levels won't dip.
Also Read : Here Is How You Can Find Out The Signs Of Excessive Salt Consumption
Lie on the floor and raise your legs above your body level. Use a pillow for elevation or keep your feet on the wall.