- Finance BIS Hallmark- Eligibility and Registration Process for Selling Hallmarked Gold
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Croatia vs Brazil: Brazil ousted after penalty defeat against Croatia
- Movies Exclusive! Flora Saini Recounts Brutal Domestic Violence Case: 'He Dragged Me By Hair On Streets'
- Technology Apple MacBook Pro With M2 Max Benchmarked on Geekbench Ahead of 2023 Launch
- News Congress high command to decide Himachal chief minister
- Automobiles The CT-1 Microcar Is A Real Life Transformer That May Just Change The Way We Drive
- Education DU PG Third Merit List 2022 To Be Out On December 12 At admission.uod.ac.in; Know How To Check
- Travel 5 Most Epic Offbeat Places To Visit In South India During Winter
You shouldn't consume more than 2300 mg of sodium a day. In fact, if you have health conditions like BP or heart issues, only 1500 mg of sodium is allowed.
Most of us eat more than that. We carve for salty foods. And sometimes, excess sodium in the body gives you a bloated feeling. You tend to feel uncomfortable.
Sodium makes your body retain water. That is why you feel bloated. In such a case, you can follow some tips to feel normal by flushing out excess sodium. Here are they....
Also Read : Check Out The Health Benefits Of Not Eating Salt
Drink water. How much? Actually, drink two and a half ounces of water for every kilo of your body weight.
Suppose if you weigh 70 kilos, you might need to drink around 18-20 glasses of water. Don't flush it, just sip it. If you are confused about how much water to take, simply drink more water than usual to flush out sodium.
Eat a banana. You need more potassium; banana contains this mineral. A cup of banana gives you around 800 mg of potassium. You can also eat tomatoes and dried apricots.
Get at least 4 grams of potassium on a daily basis. High levels of potassium can release sodium. If you are pregnant, don't follow this tip.
Also Read : Here Are Some Foods That Help To Remove Excess Salt From Your Body
Try to go for a walk and sweat it out. The excess sodium can leave your body through sweat. But keep hydrating your body in the process.
Don't eat any salted snack like chips or nachos. Incoming sodium levels will dominate the outgoing sodium levels and the overall levels won't dip.
Also Read : Here Is How You Can Find Out The Signs Of Excessive Salt Consumption
Lie on the floor and raise your legs above your body level. Use a pillow for elevation or keep your feet on the wall.
- wellnessStress Levels Are Associated With High Salt Intake, Study
- improvementYour Next Laundry Load Needs These 4 Kitchen Ingredients
- wellnessWorld ORS Day 2021: Can Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) Speed Up Recovery From COVID-19?
- wellness22 Best Salt Substitutes To Try Out For Everyday Cooking
- wellnessWhat Pepper, Salt And Lemon Mixture Can Do To Your Body
- diet fitnessAdvantages & Disadvantages of Sodium for Nutrition
- nutrition10 Homemade Electrolyte Drinks You Should Try Right Now
- wellnessHypertension Alert! 10 Foods To Avoid With High Blood Pressure
- nutrition10 Common Cooking Mistakes You're Probably Making
- wellness8 Daily Habits You Could Be Following That Can Shorten Your Life Span!
- newsStudy Asserts This Best Way To Reduce Hypertension
- nutritionHave You Tried Garlic Salt Yet? You Must, As It Has Some Incredible Health Benefits