Managing type 2 diabetes requires a combination of lifestyle factors like regular exercise, weight loss and a proper medication.
But by far, the most important step in controlling this disease is taking control of what you eat regularly.
It is crucial to consume the right kind of foods to prevent the blood sugar spikes and to also keep your body weight in a healthy range.
Did you know that obesity is the main cause of developing type 2 diabetes? Diet also impacts the blood sugar levels, which is essential to manage this disease. This article will let you know what should type 2 diabetics eat.
You can control diabetes by adopting a healthier lifestyle and most importantly by making better food choices.
You can actually put your diabetes in remission by changing what you eat. You need to keep a thorough check of what you eat on a daily basis, including the meals and snacks.
Diet can help curb the disease symptoms and put you on a steady track of recovery.
In this article, we have mentioned about the best diet for type 2 diabetes. Read further to know more on what should type 2 diabetics eat.
1. Eat 5 Meals A Day:
You need to stick to five daily meals like breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. People are usually hesitant to eat five times in a day due to the fear of putting on weight. They try to eat less, but end up eating more calories as blood sugar goes down and hence overeat. When it comes to controlling blood sugar and weight loss, it means eating more but consuming less calories.
2. Eat A Well-rounded Breakfast:
Breakfast is essential for diabetics. Eating a filling breakfast is the best way to start a day. You must make sure to include the right amount of fat, whole grains and fibre.
3. Swap Fries For Veggies:
Make sure to prepare your own lunch and avoid eating outside. Pay a close attention to what you eat and avoid fries or chips of any kind. Remember to include boiled egg, more veggies and lean protein.
4. Choose A Lean Protein For Dinner:
A combination of lean protein, veggies and a small amount of starch can make for a well-rounded meal. This is one of the best diet tips for type 2 diabetes.
5. Snack On The Fruits And Nuts:
Fruits and nuts are considered to be the best snacks that diabetics can opt for. For other snacks, you can go for veggies, hummus, peanut butter with no added sugar, etc.
6. Stick To A Daily Calorie Goal:
It's not necessary to weigh yourself every day. You can keep a tab on the amount of calories that you consume in a day. You can eat between 1500-2000 calories per day.
7. Ditch The Sugary Beverages:
Finding a healthy balance is key to good eating. There is no harm if you avoid sugary beverages. You can of course indulge in desserts once in a while but in moderation.
- Important Heart Tests For Diabetic Patient To Stay Safe!
- How Long Should You Wait To Drink Water After Eating?
- The Dangers Of Excess Belly Fat
- Health Benefits Of Guggul
- Here's What Excess Daily Fiber Intake Does To Your Health
- What are the causes of gestational diabetes?
- Here Is How Guava Leaves Help People With Diabetes!
- Why Hot Bath Could Be Good For Your Heart
- Here's A Guide To The Perfect Diabetes Diet
- How Much Fruits Should Diabetics Eat Daily:Best Fruits For Diabetics
- 11 Healthy Snacks For Those With Diabetes
- From Curing Diabetes To Detox, Here Are 15 Medicinal Benefits Of Jackfruit