- Sports India vs West Indies: Shivam Dube slams maiden T20I fifty, Virat Kohli gets lauded for his masterstroke
- News Lata Mangeshkar discharged from hospital, thanks fans for prayers
- Movies Hyderabad Murder Accused Killed In Encounter: Upendra’s Bold Comments Go Viral
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
As we all know, every woman who is above the age of 45 experiences menopause at some point. So, if you want to have a healthy menopause, here are a few tips.
Menopause is a phenomenon where a woman's menstrual cycles stop and she no longer get her monthly periods, due to various hormonal changes in the body.
There are many diet and exercise tips that a woman needs to follow, from a younger age, if she wants to have a healthy menopause later on in life.
Tips for a healthy menopause involves making certain healthy lifestyle changes, as menopause can be quite uncomfortable when it initially sets in.
Menopause comes with certain undesirable symptoms such as hot flashes, growth of unwanted body hair, loss of sex drive, mood swings, weight gain, infertility, etc.
So, there are a few tips you must follow now, so that you can have a healthy menopause later on in life.
Here are a few tips for healthy menopause, later, that involve making a few lifestyle changes from today, have a look!
1. Avoid Being Unfit
Having a regular exercise routine right from your teen years helps in keeping your hormones regulated and also keeps you fit, so that you can have a healthy menopause later.
2. Avoid Yo-Yo Dieting
While having a healthy diet is important, if you indulge in yo-yo dieting, in which you starve yourself for a few days and then binge eat, then you experience weight fluctuations that affect menopause later on.
3. Avoid Stress
Tips for a healthy menopause involve managing stress early in life, as stress can create hormonal imbalances, leading to an unhealthy menopause.
4. Avoid Carbohydrates
Bread, bakery products, rice, etc are carbohydrates that you must not consume in excess, if you want a healthy menopause, as they can lower the oestrogen levels in the body and worsen menopause symptoms.
5. Avoid Sitting A Lot
A research study has found that women who have desk-bound jobs or who sit for long hours experience negative symptoms during menopause.
6. Avoid Getting Dehydrated
Tips for a healthy menopause include, drinking enough water every day, as dehydration can create hormonal imbalances, making way for an unhealthy pregnancy.
7. Avoid Consuming Less Fibre
Consuming fibre-rich foods can help prevent certain symptoms of menopause such as dry vagina, urinary tract infection, etc.