- 4 hrs ago Types Of Monsoon Diseases And Ways To Prevent Them
- 6 hrs ago How To Remove Nipple Hair Permanently At Home Using Natural Methods
- 7 hrs ago Guru Purnima 2020: Here’s The Date, Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- 7 hrs ago Remembering Saroj Khan As The Legendary Choreographer Who Wore Vibrant Salwar Suits
- Movies Aamir Khan’s Daughter Ira Khan Begins Adulting; Moves Into New House
- News Why prime minister of a strong India so weak, asks Cong on border standoff
- Technology BSNL Discontinues Rs.149 Postpaid Recharge Pack
- Finance RIL Only Indian Entity In Top 100 Global Companies To Thrive Amid The Pandemic
- Sports Coronavirus pandemic prompted Ferrari decision to ditch Vettel
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki XL5 Spotted Testing Once Again In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Rice is generally seen as a food that makes us gain weight. But, that is not to say that rice has no advantage at all. A major staple food across the world, health benefits of rice include providing instant energy, supplying essential vitamins to our body, improving skin health, etc.
There are several varieties and sizes of rice, and the two major types among them are white rice and whole grain rice. While white rice is processed and hence has less nutritional value, whole grain rice provides more nutrition because it is less processed.
True, too much intake of rice and less physical movement can make you fat; but if you back yourself up with an adequate amount of exercising after eating rice, then nothing can be healthier for you.
In this article, we will list 6 benefits that this cereal crop has for us, which feeds over half of this planet's population:
1. Big Source Of Energy: Rice is a powerhouse of energy, since it has abundant amount of carbohydrate, which acts as the body's fuel. Carbs are metabolised to turn into usable energy. Even a small quantity of rice provides a lot of energy.
2. Prevents Cancer: Whole grain rice like brown rice contains insoluble fibres that can protect us against various forms of cancer. Fibre is good in protecting the body against cancer. Also, various vitamins and flavonoid compounds in rice help to get the body rid of free radicals that can do a serious damage to the body.
3. Takes Care Of The Skin: Rice, if also used externally, can help in curing certain skin ailments. Rice water is particularly good in this regard. It can be used as an ointment to have a cooling impact on the skin's surface. Phenolic compounds in rice, especially the whole grain varieties, have anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing irritation. Antioxidants in rice also delay ageing.
4. Prevents Alzheimer's Disease: The presence of nutrients in brown rice helps neurotransmitters and therefore this also prevents Alzheimer's disease. It curbs the ill effects of free radicals that can cause ailments like Alzheimer's and dementia.
5. No Harmful Fats: Rice has no harmful fat or cholesterol or sodium, and thus is not harmful for the health like junk food or sweets.
6. Manages Blood Pressure: Since rice has a low sodium content, it is good for those who suffer from high blood pressure and problems like hypertension. Too much sodium in the body can increase the risk of heart ailments.