- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- News Elon Musk's SpaceX rocket ship blasts off into orbit with 2 Americans
- Sports Bayern Munich 5-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf: Champions move 10 points clear
- Automobiles Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
It isn't just the elderly, but fluctuating blood pressure level is one of the rising health issues faced by adults today. Amidst the busy work schedule there is hardly any time to look for a healthy diet or exercises and this takes a toll on the blood pressure level.
If you are really looking out for a quick natural remedy to maintain normal blood pressure then it is best to take up yoga. Setu Bandhasana, also popularly known as the Bridge Pose, is one of the best known yoga asanas to maintain blood pressure.
Also Read: Ayurvedic Remedies For High Blood Pressure
If your blood pressure is not normal - for some it might be low and for a few the blood pressure may rise above normal - it may lead to serious health problems like stroke, heart problem and kidney failures. So, in either ways, fluctuation of blood pressure is not good for one's health.
If not taken care of on time, it might turn fatal as well. Hence, in order to avoid such serious blood pressure problem, practising Setu Bandhasana would be really helpful.
Also Read: Avoid These Foods if You Have Blood Pressure
The word Setu Bandhasana comes from the Sanskrit words 'Setu' which means bridge, 'Bandha' which means lock and 'Asana' which means pose. It is one of the simple yoga asanas which can be practised even by a beginner.
Here is the step-wise procedure to perform Setu Bandhasana. Take a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Setu Bandhasana:
1. To begin with, sit down first with both your legs stretched in front.
2. Slowly lie down entirely on your back.
3. Keeping your feet and hips at a little distance, fold your knees.
4. The arms should be placed on either side with your palms facing down.
5. Take a deep breath and slowly lift your back from the floor.
6. Keep moving up your back until you feel that your chin is touching the chest.
7. See to it that both the thighs are parallel to each other.
8. Press the palms against the floor and lift the torso as well as your back.
9. Once you are stable, hold on to the position for a few seconds.
Other Benefits Of Setu Bandhasana:
It helps to strengthen the muscles.
It helps to strengthen the legs.
It helps to strengthen the back and the neck.
It helps to improve digestion.
It helps to relieve stress.
It helps to improve blood circulation.
It helps in reducing thyroid problem.
It helps women to ease menstrual pain.
Setu Bandhasana, also known as the Bridge Pose, has several health benefits but one should be cautious while performing this asana. Those having neck and shoulder injuries and those with spine problem should avoid this asana. It is always best to practise this asana under the supervision of a trained yoga instructor.