- 39 min ago Grammys 2020: Billie Eilish Wins Big And Here Is A Look At Her Rebel Fashion Game
- 1 hr ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 3 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 6 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- Movies RIP Kobe Bryant: Rishi Kapoor Shares Son Ranbir Kapoor's Fan Moment With Basketball Legend
- News How China's deadly virus is sending shockwaves through Asia's tourism industry
- Sports Bumrah, Rabada best bowlers around; Kohli, Smith best batsmen: McGrath
- Technology Motorola Razr 5G Might See The Light Of Day But Not In International Markets
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Some call it morning wood and scientists call it NPT or nocturnal penile tumescence but all of them mean involuntary erections during sleep.
Also Read: How Fitness Levels Improve Bed Life
Men can relate to this as most of the men tend to wake up with a tight organ when they are young. When blood is trapped inside the male organ, it causes erection but how does it happen when a man is asleep, that too, when he isn't even in a romantic mood?
Also Read: Is Your Semen Watery? Worried?
Sometimes, it could be embarrassing to wake up like that especially when others are around. But what causes it? Though some researchers say its a mystery, others come up with several reasons. Let us take a look at them.
A study claims that the reason behind morning erections could the brain. As several areas of the brain tend to become inactive as one slips into REM sleep, a man's 'tool' goes out of control as the regulating authority in the brain is shut down. Generally, the brain governs and controls erections and ensures an erection occurs only when aroused.
Sometimes, it could even be 'wet dreams'. When a man has erotic dreams, it could also cause a morning boner.
Some studies claim that it could also be your body's attempt to avoid leakage of urine when the bladder is full during sleep.
Some researchers say that it is just your body's way of training the organ to keep it in good condition. However, there are no valid studies that back this argument.
Another study claims that the reason could be high testosterone levels. Generally, men tend to have high T levels in the morning. Also, when men cross 40, their T levels tend to dip and that is why middle aged men seldom see 'morning miracles' happening to them.
Sometimes, when a man rubs his organ during sleep, even that slight touch could cause a morning boner. The brain tends to feel the stimulation when something touches the organ even during sleep.
Some theories say that it could also be due to nitric oxide. When some cells release nitric oxide, the circulation of blood to the organ could increase and this could cause an erection while one is asleep.