- 3 hrs ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 5 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 6 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 6 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Sports Damp towel could be the best thing to shine a ball: Ngidi on saliva ban
- Technology 18-Year-Old TikTok Creator Ends Life Following Ban; Depression Suspected
- News Brazil's President Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Coconut, which is the fruit of the coconut palm, is used widely in various Indian delicacies. Coconut is also used to extract the oil from it and is also considered healthy for several reasons. Here we shall list about some of the health benefits of coconut.
Pure coconut oil is said to contain 92% saturated fat and does not undergo any hydrogenation. The health benefits of coconut are abundant supported by the fact that coconut oil can treat various ailments in the body.
Coconut also contains short-chain fatty acids and medium-chain fatty acids that have amazing benefits. It is cholesterol free and better than other trans fat.
There are several other health benefits of coconut, as it is known to have saturated, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids that improve cardiovascular health and weight loss. It is also rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin K and minerals like iron.
Other coconut health benefits include the presence of dietary fibre. It contains about 18% of the required daily amount. It also helps in strengthening the connective tissue that involves the skin, ligaments, bones and tendons.
Read further to find out the top 10 health benefits of coconut.
1. Promotes Calorie Burn:
Did you know that certain foods like coconut can help promote weight loss? This is one of the best health benefits of coconut. Coconut helps in promoting weight loss by stimulating the energy expenditure by the body. It contains healthy medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) and helps in reducing abdominal fat that remains stored in the abdominal cavity.
2. Wards Off Infections:
Another one of the health benefits of coconut is that it protects the skin from infection-causing bacteria, viruses and fungi. It also boosts the immunity of the body against pathogens that cause herpes, influenza and HIV.
3. Increases Satiety:
The MCTs promote energy expenditure and also reduce hunger pangs. This prevents us from binge-eating and gives us a feeling of fullness in the tummy. This is another one of the topmost coconut health benefits.
4. Enhances Heart Health:
Coconut contains saturated fats that are considered healthy and help elevate the level of HDL (good) cholesterol and lower the level of LDL (bad) cholesterol. Hence, it reduces the damage to the arteries.
5. Boosts Brain Function:
Another one of the best health benefits of coconut is that it helps in boosting the cognitive function and reduces the risk of Alzheimer's disease.
6. Aids Digestion:
Coconut helps in improving the digestive health and also all kinds of digestive disorders. Further, coconut oil helps in regulating the bowel movement as well.
7. Cures Candida:
Candida is a type of yeast infection that is caused by the uncontrolled growth of the yeast Candida albicans in the stomach. Consumption of coconut helps in relieving the inflammation and also helps in ridding ring worms.
8. Controls Diabetes:
One of the highly rated health benefits of coconut is that it helps in controlling type 2 diabetes. Further, the MCTs help in controlling the blood sugar levels and also improve glucose tolerance. It also aids in reducing the insulin resistance of the cells.
9. Boosts Metabolism:
Another one of coconut health benefits is that it helps in boosting metabolism. Coconut oil contains a thermogenic quality that increases the fat-burning process when compared to other foods.
10. Improves Skin Health:
Massaging the skin with pure, cold-pressed coconut oil helps in reducing skin dryness and flaky skin. It contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that aid in treating diseases like eczema, dermatitis and other kinds of skin infections.