You are stressed out and fatigued and you just do not know what to do, where to go or what to do next. In such instances, yoga has been proved to be helpful in dealing with stress. Dhanurasana is one of the well known yoga asanas proven to relieve stress.
Stress has been one of the most common problems that people face nowadays. Right from the kids who have just begun their school, adults to senior citizens, stress spares none. Studies, work pressure, competition, family life, etc., are few of the major causes of stress.
Also Read: Dandasana For Sciatica Pain
Once you are under stress, you lose your ability to think, you fumble for words to talk and you forget about your normal routine.
In situations like this, the best way to deal with stress is to take up yoga. The severeity of the stress needs to be understood and taken care of on time. If not, then it might get worse and lead to depression as well.
Also Read: Yoga Asana For Stronger Back
Dhanurasana, also known as the Bow Pose has been derived from the Sanskrit words 'Dhanu' which means bow and 'Asana' which means pose. Here is the step-wise procedure to perform Dhanurasana. Take a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Dhanurasana:
1. To begin with come to a standing position.
2. Slowly lie down with your stomach pressed against the floor.
3. The arms should be relaxed and placed on either sides.
4. Slowly fold your knees and hold your ankles with your hands.
5. Take a deep breath and slowly lift your chest and pull your legs up with your hands.
6. Your face should be gazing straight forward.
7. Your body should look like a bow.
8. Hold on to the position for a few seconds and take deep breaths.
9. Slowly come out of the position.
Other Benefits Of Dhanurasana:
It helps to strengthen the abdomen.
It helps to tone the legs and muscles.
It helps to tone the arms.
It helps to make the body flexible.
It helps to relieve constipation.
It helps to provide relief during menstruation.
Dhanurasana helps to relieve stress but it should be practised cautiously. Those having neck and lower back pain or injuries, low blood pressure and migraine should avoid practising Dhanurasana.They should practise it only under the guidance of a trained yoga expert.