To say that diarrhoea is one of the worst digestive system issues would be an understatement.
Anyone who's ever got it, knows how unpleasant the whole experience is, running to the bathroom, feeling dehydrated and, not to forget, the abdominal pain.
It is a highly common digestive problem that usually lasts for two to three days. One of the main causes of diarrhoea is infection.
While, there are a myriad of over-the-counter medicines that can help you combat this malfunctioning of the digestive system, most of these medicines treat the symptoms and not the cause.
But, what if we told you that you have a spice in your very own kitchen cabinet that can do wonders in treating the infection that causes diarrhoea!!
Also Read: Foods That Fight Loose Motion
Often called the wonder spice, Ginger, is known for its medicinal and therapeutic benefits. It is widely used in herbal remedies and is significantly effective in treating many diseases.
To save you from the trouble of going through countless websites and blogs looking for the easiest DIY remedy, we've scoured the web and created a list of 5 of the most effective remedies using ginger:
1. Ginger With Honey: Grate a fresh piece of ginger and add one teaspoon of raw honey to it. Honey is known for its antibacterial properties and its sweetness makes this mix more edible. Avoid drinking water for sometime after having this mixture.
2. Ginger With Sugar: This is another effective way to get that bowel system under control. Crush a fresh piece of ginger root in water to make a paste out of it. Mix it with unprocessed sugar and eat once in a day to get the desired result.
Also Read: 10 Foods That Cause Bloating
3. Ginger With Lemon: This process is a bit more fancier than the other two. For this to work, you need to blend grated ginger with one teaspoon of water. Take that paste and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it. For the taste, you could also sprinkle a bit of black pepper. Have this twice in a day to cure diarrhoea.
4. Ginger And Cinnamon: Like ginger, cinnamon too is a spice known for its medicinal benefits. Both these spices form a great combo in curing diarrhoea. You can either make a paste of some freshly grated ginger, add one teaspoon of cinnamon and one tablespoon of honey or go for a more authentic home remedy, ginger and cinnamon tea.
5. Ginger And Coconut Water: There is probably not a soul alive who is not aware of the health benefits of drinking coconut water. Rich in minerals and vitamins, coconut water offers a great relief to the stomach. Just add one teaspoon of ginger juice to a glass of tender coconut water and drink it twice in a day for effective results.
We suggest you to first try any of these remedies in a small quantity to see if you're allergic to any of the ingredients or not. Also, it is highly advisable to use fresh ginger root for the treatment.
And no matter what, don't stop drinking water, as it is crucial that you keep your body well hydrated. If the diarrhoea doesn't stop, we advice you to consult a health professional at the earliest.