- 8 hrs ago Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- 9 hrs ago Foods to Eat And Avoid For Metabolic Syndrome
- 9 hrs ago Kriti Sanon, Alia Bhatt, And Other Divas Who Flaunted Neon Numbers And Gave Summer Fashion Goals
- 9 hrs ago From Cabbage Masks To Bird Beak Masks, Here Are 8 Masks That Will Make Your Eyes Pop Out
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Finance Reliance Industries Rights Issue Becomes World's Biggest By Non-Finance Co In 10 Years
- Automobiles Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- Technology Mitron TV App Gets Suspended From Play Store For Violating Security Policies
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
There are many causes of red and itchy eyes such as pollution in environment, working on a computer for longer time, allergies and also in some eye infections. It may also be caused by allergic conjunctivitis. In this eyes become red, swelling of eyelids and itching. Luckily, there are effective home remedies for itchy eyes.
The symptoms of itchy eyes due to any allergy are redness, sneezing, swollen eyelids, wheezing, difficulty in breathing, blurred vision and itching of eyes. Eye is a delicate organ and itching continuously can cause damage to your eyes and even transmit the infection in your hands to eyes.
This will make the condition worse. Itchy eyes can also be a symptom of some diseases such as blepharitis. If your itchiness is not due to any allergy or other temporary causes, then you must contact a doctor to check for any diseases.
What to do for itchy eyes due to allergies? Here are some home remedies for itchy eyes. Have a look at some natural remedies for inflamed itchy sore eyes.
The bioflavonoids and tannic acid present in tea helps fight bacterial and viral infection. Put a cool used tea bag over your eyes for some time. It will reduce inflammation, pain and itching. It will also remove the puffiness below your eyes.
Apply chilled aloe vera gel or juice on your eye lids. Dip a clean cotton ball in aloe vera juice then place it on your eyes. It will relieve soreness and irritation of eyes. It also alleviates itching, swelling and puffiness of eyes.
Grind a potato to make a paste. Put the paste on your eyes (closed eyes) for some time. It relieves itchy eyes and reduces inflammation.
Cucumber works wonders on your eyes. It not even removes puffiness but also soothes itching in the eyes. Cut slices of cucumber and put it in your eye lids. This is one of the best home remedies for itchy eyes.
Freeze some vegetables and make slices. Wrap them in a cotton cloth. Gently put these on your closed eyes for some time. This will relieve itching and will give much comfort to irritated eyes.
Splash cold water on your eyes or you can also put some ice cubes on the closed eyes. This will soothe irritation and relieve you from itching.
Put spoons in a fridge. Place it on your eye lids and when it gets warm replace it with another cold spoon. This will reduce inflammation, puffiness and irritation of eyes by causing constriction of blood vessels of eye.
Keep yourself hydrated, doing this will prevent dryness of eyes and will automatically relieve eye itching. You must drink eight to nine glasses of water per day.
This is one of the herbal home remedies for itchy eyes. Apply this externally on your itchy eyes by a clean cotton. It relieves itching, inflammation and puffiness. Repeat this many times a day.
Put some castor oil by a dropper into the eye. It has anti inflammatory properties. It will relieve itching, swelling and puffiness. The castor oil must be pure. This is among the best natural remedies for inflamed itchy sore eyes.