- 30 min ago How To Make Healthy No Jaggery Modak Sweet Recipe
- 3 hrs ago Exclusive: Influenza Vaccination Week 2022: Expert Explains What It Is About And Which Vaccine To Prefer
- 7 hrs ago Characteristics Of Unhealthy And Healthy Relationships
- 10 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 09 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Rohit Sharma injury update: BCCI to take call on his Test availability at a later date
- Finance How to Buy Hallmarked Gold and Things to Keep in Mind While Buying Gold?
- Education JKBOSE Result 2022: JKBOSE 12th Result Announced; Check Details Here
- Movies Naai Sekar Returns Twitter Review: Vaigai Puyal Vadivelu's Comeback Movie Fails To Impress Fans
- News Congress Himachal MLAs to decide next CM today: Here are contenders for the top job
- Technology SpaceX DearMoon Civilian Moon Trip To Ferry These Eight Global Artists
- Automobiles BYD Atto 3 Bags 1500 Bookings - Deliveries To Commence From January 2023 Onwards
- Travel Cheapest Of All Winter Destinations In USA
Tulsi, or Ocimum sanctum, is a medicinal plant with bountiful benefits. "Tulsi' is the Sanskrit word for the "matchless one." It is known as the "holy basil" because it is a plant that is revered. It also goes by the names "Vishnu-priya" and "Kala tulsi." It is essential to the practice of Ayurvedic medicine.
Composition of tulsi
The compounds in the leaves include:
● Ursolic acid
● Oleanolic acid
The oils in the seeds include:
● Fatty acids
The roots contain:
● 3 tri-terpenes A, B, C
Therapeutic benefits of tulsi:
1. It eases the signs of the flu and the cold.
2. Ayurvedic preparations of tulsi fight against malaria.
3. It mobilizes sputum and mucus in chronic bronchitis and asthmatics.
4. E. coli infections are susceptible to the antibiotic properties of tulsi
5. Antifungal characteristics .
6. Aqueous extracts are capable of preventing viral encephalitis.
7. Properties that prevent diabetes.
8. Keeps the cholesterol levels under control.
9. An antioxidant by nature; preserves the health of the skin.
10. Tulsi is known to significantly lower live metabolites like ALT and AST, protecting the liver.
11. Tulsi seeds and leaves reduce blood levels of uric acid.
12. Immunity booster.
13. This is an all-natural, risk-free antifertility medication. It has been demonstrated that ursolic acid inhibits sperm production and prevents zygote implantation .
14. Ursolic acid and oleanolic acid have anti-cancerous properties and guard the DNA from radiation damage .
15. Helpful in reducing oedema and arthritis.
16. Dental health: used as a natural mouth freshener and mouthwash .
Here are some intriguing tulsi recipes to discuss:
1. Tulsi water/ holy basil water for detox
This is the boiled and cooled tulsi water. For best results, have it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
2. Tulsi tea
Tulsi tea is a much sought-after concoction in the monsoons. It is warm, tasty, and nourishing. Ingredients like ginger, cardamom, black pepper, honey, mint, etc. can be used for added benefits.
3. Tulsi kadha
The medicinal drink is made by boiling tulsi, peppercorns, cloves, green cardamom, and grated cinnamon in pure water.
4. Tulsi powder
Crafted from handpicked, meticulously washed, and sun-dried tulsi leaves. The dried leaves are ground in a cyclotec grinder and vacuum-packed. Tulsi powder has a longer shelf life when stored in airtight containers. They come in handy all year. They can be added to any beverage for flavour and health benefits.
5. Tulsi-kesar milk
Milk boiled with tulsi powder and cardamom. It is flavorful and an immunity booster .
6. Paanch tulsi drops
It is a concentrated solution of five different varieties of tulsi, namely Vishnu-Priya, Basil Sweet-Lemon, Rama Tulsi, Bisva Tulsi, and Kala tulsi. Use it as recommended.
Tulsi is a great way to start your day. It wakens the body, flushes out toxins, and boosts immunity. Tulsi is simple to grow at home and requires little maintenance.
- gardeningTulsi, Money Plant, Bamboo: 6 Best Indoor Plants For The Home According To Vastu
- festivalsSolar Eclipse 2022: Why Is Tulsi Leaf Added To Food Items During Surya Grahan
- body care4 Plants That Have Amazing Beauty Benefits; And How To Use Them
- wellness10 Best Kitchen-Friendly Herbs To Boost Immunity During COVID-19
- remediesTulsi Mala – Rules To Follow & Benefits Of Wearing It
- wellnessFrom Reducing Stress To Fighting Cancer, Tulsi Has Powerful Health Benefits
- disorders cureThis Herb Helps To Treat Food Poisoning & Digestive Disorder Quickly
- anecdotesTulsi Vivah 2019: The Story of Tulsi Mata And Tulsi Stotra
- disorders cureThis One Ancient Herb Helps Cure 10 Health Problems, Check It Out!
- wellnessSurprising Health Benefits Of Drinking Tulsi Tea
- skin careOnly Two Ingredients You'll Need To Remove Skin Impurities!
- nutritionWhat Happens When You Drink Tulsi Water With Turmeric Every Morning?