- 1 hr ago Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk On Tongue Cancer
- 2 hrs ago Unlucky Plants: Avoid Growing These Nine Forbidden Plants At Home, As Per Vastu
- 3 hrs ago Fasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago Sindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- News Being between 'devil and deep sea': Chidambaram on states' situation after Centre's excise cut on fuel
- Automobiles Kia EV6: Top 10 Things To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu Non-Stop Winner: Bindu Madhavi Takes Home The Trophy
- Sports UFC Vegas 55 results and recap: Vieira earns split decision over former bantamweight champion Holm
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Tulsi, "the queen of herbs", is regarded as the most sacred and holy herb used in India. Tulsi has been in India for more than 5000 years and it has proved its efficiency in treating several skin, hair and health-related issues.
The extract found from tulsi leaves is known to treat various diseases including cold, cough, sore throat and fever. To know more about the amazing health benefits of tulsi, continue reading.
According to Ayurveda, tulsi can help to treat common ailments, it can strengthen the immune system, fight against bacterial infection in the body and also help to combat skin and hair problems.
So, here are some of the health benefits of tulsi leaves.
1. Treats Kidney Stones
Due to a lot of antioxidants present in tulsi, it can help to strengthen the kidney and prevent kidney stones. Ayurveda remedies suggest that consuming tulsi juice every day with honey can help to melt kidney stones and flush them out through the urinary tract. Also, tulsi is a detoxifying agent that can help to reduce the uric acid level in the body, which is the primary reason behind the occurrence of kidney stones.
2. Helps To Protect The Heart
Due to a powerful antioxidant component called Eugenol, tulsi leaves help to protect your heart. It helps to protect your heart by keeping the level of blood pressure under control and also by lowering the level of cholesterol in the body. If you are suffering from any heart ailments, chewing a few tulsi leaves on an empty stomach every day can help to treat them easily.
3. Helps To Beat Cancer
Due to anti-carcinogenic properties and a high amount of antioxidants found in tulsi, it can help to cure cancer in a person. According to studies, including tulsi in the everyday routine has shown positive benefits in treating breast and oral cancers, which is generally caused by tobacco. Due to compounds in tulsi, it also prevents the free radicals from attacking the body and tissues, thus keeping you healthy. In order to maintain your body strong and healthy, drink one glass of tulsi juice every day.
4. Treats Several Stomach-related Issues
There are many people who often suffer from gastric problems, stomach ulcer, bloating, etc. Tulsi leaves can help to cure problems like stomach ulcers, acidity, constipation, etc. It prevents bloating of the stomach and also helps to strengthen the digestive tract. Take one spoon of tulsi juice, mix some honey and drink it every day.
5. Helps Control Diabetes
Due to high antioxidants present in tulsi, it helps to curb the level of sugar in the human body. Chewing few tulsi leaves in the morning on an empty stomach or drinking tulsi juice can help to control the sugar level in the body, thus preventing diabetes. Overconsumption of tulsi leaves may also lead to a sudden or drastic drop in the body's sugar level.
6. Helps To Get Rid Of The Bad Breath
Dealing with bad breath can be a serious issue because it can often lead to embarrassing situations. It can ruin your self-confidence and hence it should be treated as soon as possible. Chewing a few tulsi leaves can help to get rid of the bad breath and also keep your mouth fresh all day long. Chewing tulsi leaves is also good for the teeth and gums, as it prevents bacterial infection to take place inside the mouth.
7. Helps To Cure Fever And Cold Problems
Due to medicinal properties in tulsi, it is known to cure fever and cold problems easily. Consuming tulsi juice every day can help to keep your immune system strong, thus preventing one from the risk of contracting malaria and dengue fever. Also, tulsi leaves have antibacterial properties that help protect your body from all the infections.
8. Treats Eye Disorder
Tulsi juice is an effective remedy that can help to treat eye disorders in a person, which is generally due to lack of Vitamin A. Basil leaves can prove to be effective in soothing the eye and preventing stress as well. It can help to protect your eyes from any infection, boils, conjunctivitis, etc., which is generally caused by bacterial infection. Chewing tulsi leaves can help to ward off all the eye infection caused by bacteria. Also, it proves to be an effective remedy in treating night blindness and sore eyes.
9. Beats Stress
According to a study, Tulsi plays a major role in maintaining a normal level of anti-stress hormones in the body. Due to anti-stress agents found in tulsi leaves, it can help to boost blood circulation in the body, which beats free radicals, thus preventing stress in a person.
10. Relief From A Headache
Tulsi leaves are considered to be of great use for headaches. Due to medicinal properties present in tulsi, it helps to relieve headaches easily. Add some tulsi leaves to boiling water in a large pot. Now cover your head with the help of a towel and breathe the steam in for 5-10 minutes.
- wellnessHow Does The Body Convert Carbohydrates Into Energy?
- wellnessAntibiotics Can Lead To Life-Threatening Fungal Infection Because Of Disruption To The Gut Microbiome: Expert
- healthPhilanthropist Upasana Kamineni Konidela Visits Senior Care Homes And Health Camps
- wellnessIs Nutraceuticals A Smart Choice For A Healthier Tomorrow?
- wellnessE-manas Platform For Mental Health Can Be Replicated Nationwide: K'taka Health Minister
- wellnessMonkeypox Virus Case Confirmed In UK After Nigeria Travel Link
- wellnessNational Thalassemia Day 2022: Pregnancy In Women With Thalassemia
- wellnessApollo Hospitals Successfully Performs Surgery To Remove Rare Recurrent Chest Wall Tumour
- wellnessGovt Committed To Two Important Aspects Of Healthcare, ‘Heal By India’ And Heal In India’: Mansukh Mandaviya
- nutritionBenefits Of Potatoes And The Healthiest Way To Cook Them
- wellnessHow Cannabis Affects Our Cognition And Psychology: New Research
- wellnessHCG Cancer Hospital Offers India’s First Extended Reality Lab Using Microsoft HoloLens 2