Tulsi is a wonder herb popularly known as 'Holy Basil' in the western countries. Indian homes are incomplete without a tulsi plant as it plays a very significant role. It is said to be an avatar of Goddess Tulsi.
It is a small shrub which is widely grown in India because it holds a special place in the Hindu mythology. The plant is known for its amazing medicinal and healing properties. It is also known to prevent cancer.
It has anti-microbial properties because of a compound called ursolic acid. Its anti-oxidant properties fight free radical damage and make our immune system strong. It is also high in adaptogens which make our bodies adapt to stress well.
It is a natural remedy for anxiety, it helps maintain blood sugar and it protects us against diabetes. The list is endless. No wonder it is called the 'Queen of Herbs'.
This article will focus on how you can treat food poisoning and digestive disorders using this wonder herb.
Food poisoning is a common problem during the rains. Because of the humid conditions, germs spread everywhere. Any food items which are brought from outside should be washed before using as the germs can exist anywhere during growing or packaging.
Raw foods such as eggs, cheese or raw meat should be avoided as they are at a higher risk of getting infected by parasites.
In case you are diagnosed with food poisoning, the best remedy for it is tulsi, as it contains anti-microbial properties, which will destroy the disease-causing microbes. It also cures digestive disorders like diarrhoea and dysentery.
Since most of the digestive disorders are because of slow bowel movement, tulsi helps with easy passing of the motions which in turn tunes up the digestive system.
Here are three most effective ways to treat food poisoning and digestive problems using tulsi.
1) Tulsi Juice:
Tulsi juice is easily available in Indian markets. But it is always better to make fresh tulsi juice at home for the fear of adulterants.
-A big bunch of fresh tulsi leaves.
-1 teaspoon honey
1) Wash the basil leaves thoroughly in running water.
2) Crush them in a mortar and pestle and extract the juice.
3) Take 1 tablespoon of the juice and mix it with 1 teaspoon honey.
4) Consume it 2-3 times a day until you feel better.
2) Tulsi Oil:
Here is a simple method to make tulsi oil at home.
-1 ½ cups of fresh basil leaves
-3/4 cup olive oil
-A pot of water for blanching the leaves.
1) Keep the pot of water for boiling and add the basil leaves.
2) Keep it on for 30 seconds and strain the leaves.
3) Leave it on a towel to dry.
4) Blend the olive oil and the blanched leaves in a blender and process it till smooth.
5) Take 2 teaspoons of this basil oil and add it to two litres of water.
6) Keep sipping this water throughout the day to get rid of all your digestive problems.
3) Tulsi Leaves Paste:
Consuming basil leaves paste will make sure that you get all the nutrients of the basil.
-Few fresh Basil leaves
-A cup of curd
-A pinch of salt
-1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper powder
1) Take the basil leaves and pound them in a mortar and pestle.
2) Mix the leaves paste with a cup of curd.
3) Add in the pinch of salt and black pepper powder.
4) Mix and consume the mixture at least twice a day.
- Palak Paneer Recipe | How To Prepare Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry
- Top 12 Vitamin A Rich Foods To Overcome Vitamin A Deficiency
- Reduce Gastritis + 6 Other Health Benefits Of Parsley
- 10 Best Herbs For Weight Loss That Are Backed By Science
- 10 Amazing Herbs That Burn Belly Fat Fast
- Drinking A Cup Of This Herbal Juice Can Cure Your Holiday Hangovers In A Jiffy!
- You Will Be Surprised by These Benefits of Tulsi Leaves