- 16 min ago 8 Fantastic Tips If You Are Planning To Celebrate Your Parents' 50th Anniversary
- 40 min ago Happy Birthday Malaika Arora: The Supermodel Who Inspires Us To Step Out Of Our Comfort Zone
- 52 min ago 7 Reasons Why You Should Stick To Your True Friends, Not Fake Friends!
- 2 hrs ago 7 Science-backed Health Benefits And Side Effects Of Bugleweed
- Finance Hajj Pilgrimage Now Expensive After Saudi Arabia Raises Visa Fee
- News Heavy rains likely to hit Karnataka; Red, orange alert issued
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Tehseen Poonawalla & Rashami Desai’s Rumoured Beau, Arhaan Khan To Enter The House!
- Sports French Open: Sindhu begins with easy win, Subhankar upsets Sugiarto
- Technology Honor V30 Confirmed For November Launch: Price And Specifications
- Automobiles BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Yogurt is a popular dairy product which is eaten by most of the people. No one can resist a bowl of fresh, creamy yogurt which has got power-boosting protein. This dairy product is versatile and can be eaten in a variety of ways.
It can be eaten with fruits and it can be blended into smoothies or it can be added in dishes. In whichever dish it is, yogurt adds texture to curries or makes your breakfast cereal wholesome.
Yogurt comes from milk and it is loaded with several nutrients like potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B2 and vitamin B12. It is nutritious, healthy and eating it regularly may boost several aspects of health.
In this article, we will talk about the 10 surprising health benefits of yogurt when taken in the morning either during breakfast or after breakfast.
1. Soothes The Digestive System
Yogurt facilitates in proper digestion. So, consuming yogurt daily in the morning can protect the intestine and digestive system from toxins and bad bacteria. It soothes inflamed digestive system and can treat an upset stomach.
2. Stronger Immunity
Yogurt has the ability to fight against the disease-causing germs and keep your gut and intestinal tract protected. Moreover, the immune-enhancing properties of yogurt are due to the minerals present in it like magnesium, zinc and selenium.
3. Reduces High Blood Pressure
Sometimes, you tend to consume more salt which can lead to hypertension and kidney problems. The potassium in yogurt helps in flushing out the excess sodium out of your body. Thus, it helps in lowering blood pressure and promotes a healthy heart.
4. Prevents Vaginal Infections
Yogurt is particularly good for women because it helps in preventing the growth of yeast infections. The Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria found in yogurt controls the growth of infection in the body and kills off the yeast infections.
5. Stronger Bones
A cup of yogurt contains 275 mg of calcium and a daily dose of it in the morning will keep your bones strong. It not only strengthens the bones but also helps in maintaining bone density.
6. It Fights Off Bad Bacteria
Yogurt has probiotics which remove the harmful micro-organisms from the digestive tract that can lead to intestinal infections. If you are suffering from bloating or diarrhoea, consume yogurt in the morning.
7. Helps Recover Faster After Workout
Yogurt makes an excellent post-workout snack. The protein in yogurt provides amino acids to your muscles to repair themselves. After a workout, your body's energy is low, yogurt helps in increasing the energy levels in the body.
8. It May Curb Allergies
Research has proven that pregnant mothers who consume yogurt in their eighth month had babies who are less prone to allergic reactions. Even children who consume yogurt daily had lesser risk of infections and allergies, as per the study conducted.
9. Promotes Weight Loss
Yogurt is low in calories and helps to keep your weight in control. The fat situated around your waist produces the hormone cortisol, which tells the body to accumulate more belly fat. When you consume yogurt, the calcium signals your fat cells to pump out less cortisol, making you lose weight.
10. Yogurt Fights Cavities
Yogurt can fight off cavities that erode the tooth enamel. Yogurt contains lactic acid that protects your gums from germs and unwanted food particles.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.