Vitamin D is one of the vital nutrients that our body requires. But due to
various reasons the body lacks in these essential nutrients and this leaves one with several health issues.
So today in this article we will be discussing a few of the signs that are evident among women when they lack in vitamin D.
The major function of vitamin D in the body is to enhance the absorption of calcium from the food that we eat and other supplements as well. When the body fails in this process, it goes on to affect the bones.
In addition to this, vitamin D is also required to build up the immune system. In comparison to men, it is the women who are mainly affected by lack of vitamin D.
In order to maintain the level of vitamin D in the body, and make up for the deficiency, there are certain foods like fatty fish, egg yolk, mushrooms, milk and yogurt that help.
This apart, sun is yet another important source of vitamin D. Getting sun-bath for about 10 minutes every day helps in preventing vitamin D deficiency.
Also Read: Signs You Are Consuming Too Much Vitamin D
Listed in this article are a few common signs in women that show their body lacks in vitamin D. Take a look.
When the body is not able to absorb the calcium due to lack of vitamin D, this leaves you exhausted and weak. Having an adequate amount of vitamin D in the body is essential to provide you the needed energy to go ahead with the day's work.
2. Severe Bone & Muscle Pain:
One of the commonly observed signs of vitamin D deficiency in women is severe bone and muscle pain. As one tends to age, weakness of the bones could be a common issue but when muscle pain occurs among young adults, then this could be due to lack of vitamin D in the body.
3. Frequent Bone Fracture:
When the bones become weak, even with the slightest of fall you will tend to have a fracture in the bones. This is yet another major sign that shows the body lacks in vitamin D.
4. Get Sick Often:
Lack of vitamin D in the body can weaken the immune system. Due to this one tends to fall sick quite often. Vitamin D enhances the body to produce the antimicrobial compounds that actually help in fighting the infections and keep you disease free.
Several studies have shown that lack of vitamin D in the body can cause depression, especially among women. It has been pointed out that vitamin D is important for the proper functioning of the brain. So when the body lacks in vitamin D, it causes depression and other related mental health issues.
6. Wound Healing:
Lack of vitamin D in the body can cause slow healing of wounds in women. When the healing of a wound is slower than normal, make it a point to get yourself checked for vitamin D deficiency.
7. Severe Hair Loss:
Stress can cause loss of hair. But in addition to this your diet also plays a significant role when it comes to hair loss. Lack of certain nutrients in the body, with vitamin D being the major one, leads to significant hair loss among women.
- 12 Home Remedies To Cure Muscle Weakness Naturally
- 11 Foods That Are Rich In Vitamin D
- 11 Effective Home Remedies For Leg Pain
- 10 Tips For Healthy Eating Habits To Get You Started
- Lack Of Vitamin D Increases Dementia Risk
- Sustained Burns? Here is How Vitamin D Can Be Helpful
- Add Sweet Potato Juice To Your Everyday Diet & Reap Its Amazing Health Benefits
- Healthiest Sources of Vitamin D For Vegetarians
- Lack Of Vitamin D Can Cause Multiple Sclerosis In Women; Also Read The 7 Best Sources Of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D – Why Is It Important For All Age Groups
- Foods That Are Rich Sources Of Vitamin D
- Common Sunscreen Misconceptions You Should Stop Believing
- World Polio Day: Know About The Symptoms Of Different Types Of Polio