- 10 hrs ago Ananya Panday Turns ‘Wannabe Kendall Jenner’ As She Strikes Quirky Poses In Subtle Makeup And Top Knot Bun
- 11 hrs ago Tandav Actress Gauahar Khan Looks Resplendent In Her Velvet Suit; Perfect For Festive Events
- 11 hrs ago All The Possible Symptoms Of Low Blood Sugar Levels (Hypoglycemia)
- 11 hrs ago Giorgia Andriani Looks Like A Celestial Queen In Her Crown-Like Hairdo But Her Nail Paint Steals The Limelight
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- News 'No time to waste': Joe Biden posts first tweet as US President
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Mangalam Kumar Wins Rs 50 Lakhs After His Father Could Not Make It To The Hot Seat!
- Sports Malinga announces retirement from franchise cricket
- Finance Should You Bet On Banking Stocks In 2021?
- Education IBPS PO Prelims Scorecard 2020 Released
- Automobiles Skoda Kushaq Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In January 2021
Most of us love carrots. Yes carrots are healthy, but baby carrots aren't. In fact, they never existed till a few decades ago!
Those baby carrots are nothing but reshaped large carrots! Yes, they are processed carrots. When large carrots are rejected in the market, they are cut and processed again to make baby carrots out of them.
They are affordable too. That is why some of us prefer to buy them. But they are nothing but handpicked large carrots which are rejected.
First, the skins of the larger carrots are removed. And then they're sliced into pieces. After that, they soak all the pieces of carrots in chlorine. The whole process occurs in machines.
They are soaked in chlorine to get rid of the bacteria that gathers after the carrots are cut. But as an organic carrot is turned into a processed carrot after the whole process, you may not reap the nutritious benefits well.
Today, we hear a lot of stuff against processed foods and seldom do we really suspect baby carrots. In fact, some of us buy them thinking that we are buying organic foods!
But they contain chlorine! So, if you go to the vegetable market, choose the regular large carrots instead of choosing fancy good-looking baby carrots. Looks don't matter, right!