- Sports Just because there is SOP, I won't lock myself in room: Arun Lal
- Movies Naagin 4 Fame Jasmin Bhasin Says She Wants To Try More Comedy After Working With Bharti Singh
- News No compromise on territorial integrity: India to China during 5th round of military talks
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Automobiles Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
When your mother forced you to consume lots of spinach and other leafy greens during your childhood, you craved for more chocolate and fast foods because you just hated that green stuff. But, if you realise the health benefits of leafy greens, you will start loving them even more than your favourite fast foods.
Spinach, cabbage, kale, broccoli, etc, are many in the list, which are packed with nutrients so densely that they can be treated as super foods.
Whether it is to maintain a good health or an ideal weight, you will need the help of these leafy greens. In fact, they also contribute in adding the fibre content to your system, making your digestive system happy.
If some recent studies are to be believed, these leafy greens have the potential to prevent even diseases such as heart issues and cancer. As they are rich in magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, folic acid and vitamin C. They can be consumed regularly to enrich your system with the ideal dose of vitamins and minerals.
Consuming leafy greens on a regular basis is healthy for your eyesight, as they contain antioxidants and vitamin A as well.
Health experts recommend eating leafy greens to maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
This is one of the main reasons to include green leafy vegetables in your diet on a daily basis. They contain fibre, which plays an important role in digestion. Also, fibre can prevent constipation and ease up your bowel movements.
They Keep You Young
As they contain compounds that combat free radical damage, you may look young and slow down your ageing process, if you consume leafy greens on a regular basis.
Do you know why leafy greens are a part of many weight loss diet plans? Well, they contain lots of nutrients and very less calories. This is one of the health benefits of green leafy vegetables.
We all know that leafy greens are rich in calcium. Your body needs enough of calcium to maintain strong teeth and healthy bones.
Leafy greens do a good job in keeping your skin and hair healthy. In fact, consuming salads or spinach juice regularly can make your skin look lively, as the toxins in your body can get flushed out easily.
They Come With Disease-Fighting Properties
The nutrients in leafy greens do a good job in combating many types of minor ailments, and that is why consuming them on a regular basis is advisable.