- Sports Wanted to use short-ball strategy against Virat Kohli to keep him in check: Trent Boult
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Stuns In Black At Blenders Pride Fashion Tour, Pays Tribute To Wendall Rodricks
- News Missing 6-year-old girl found dead near dargah in UP's Bahraich
- Technology How To Overclock Your Android Device For Enhanced Performance
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Heart troubles occur when there is the narrowing of the arteries due to fatty deposits or plaques that cling to the artery walls and clog the arteries. Cigarette smoking, insufficient physical exercise, obesity and unhealthy foods can cause build up of fatty deposits in the arteries.
Food is the most important factor that can cause heart troubles, so taking care of what you eat is essential to prevent heart issues. Garlic is great for the heart, as an antioxidant present in garlic called allicin breaks down into sulfur compounds when eaten. These substances react with red blood cells and generate hydrogen sulphide, which relaxes the arteries and keeps blood flowing readily.
Also Read - Healthy Drinks For Your Heart
Not just spinach, all leafy green vegetables provide folic acid, vitamins A and C, potassium and fibre. Vegetables have consistently proven to reduce the possible risk of coronary diseases. Studies show that people who ate at least 2.5 servings of veggies every day cut their risk of coronary disease by 25%.
In addition to veggies, fruits like berry are very good for the heart. Blueberries, raspberries, garden strawberry, whatever berry you like are high in anti-inflammatory properties, which lessen your risk of coronary disease and cancer.
Oats are packed with compounds that benefit the heart: omega-3 fatty acids, folic acid and potassium. This fibre-rich super food can lower the degrees of low density lipoprotein cholesterol and help keep arteries clear. In this case, the cholesterol-lowering results are credited to the oat soluble fibre beta glucan.
These foods have been confirmed by scientists as being the best medicine. The right diet may reduce the potential risk of several serious conditions of the heart. A proper diet is very important in preventing heart problems and is cheaper and safer than supplements.
Besides foods there are certain exercises that can keep the heart healthy. These exercises include walking, jogging, swimming, biking and running. These exercises help to burn calories, lower blood pressure levels, increase levels of HDL and lower LDL levels and hence help to keep the heart healthy.