- 1 hr ago Comfrey: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Prevention And Drug Interaction
- 10 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- 11 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 2 – Here Is How You Can Ace The White Make-up Look
- 11 hrs ago Altitude Sickness: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 104: Patna Pirates vs Haryana Steelers: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- News Watch: Excitement at NRG stadium for ‘Howdy Modi' ahead of PM's arrival
- Technology Here's The Proper Way To Backup Android Devices
- Movies Sye Raa Pre-release Event: Live Updates
- Automobiles Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Khichdi is one of the easiest recipes in Indian cuisine. When you feel too lethargic to cook, all you have to do is boil up some rice and dal together in a pressure cooker and you are done. This is one of the best example of hassle free and healthy cooking. Khichdi, apart from being easy to cook is also the best food to eat if you have digestion problems. Its is easy to digest and quite less in calories too.
During the monsoons, khichdi seems like a heavenly food. The pouring rains bring along the chilling cold and puts you in a lethargic mood in which you just do not feel like cooking. On top of that when its a month of Shravan and you have to eat vegetarian then khichdi seems like the best option to try. It is easy, fast and nutritious at the same time.
So, today Boldsky has put together seven awesome khichdi recipes which you must try during the month of Shravan. Take a look.
This aloo khichdi recipe is easy to prepare and is not at all time consuming. To make this meal a lot more interesting you can add a handful of matar to the dish. If you are fasting, then this recipe is a perfect one for you as it is prepared with Samwat rice.
Khichdi is a dish made solely out of of rice and lentils, can now be made into something much more tasty if you add veggies. Indian spices are the main ingredients used to make the vegetable khichdi all the more appetising.
It is needless to say that the ingredients for this dal khichdi recipe are quite simple and you will find all of them without fail in any average Indian kitchen. The only utensil you need for attempting this Indian rice recipe is a pressure cooker.
Khichdi is generally seen as a boring dish on the menu which is consumed only when you are ill. However khichdi can be the most interesting thing to eat if you know the right trick to cook it. Here is a Bengali style bhuni khichdi recipe which will change your notion of a boring khichdi completely. The spice powder used in this vegetarian recipe is the most important ingredient which lends the delicious aroma to this dish.
Sabudana Khichdi is a very popular fast recipe especially in the Western part of the country. It is a food you can eat safely when you are fasting for religious purposes. The best part about Sabudana Khichdi is that it is very easy to digest and light on your stomach. That is what makes it a perfect recipe for fasting.
Bajre ki khichdi is not only a tasty dish, but is also extremely healthy. Bajra or black millet is a great source of proteins, iron and folic acid. This makes it a perfect food for pregnant women too. The mild flavour of the khichdi and the unique taste makes this vegetarian recipe a tempting treat.
Moong dal khichdi is also a very nutritious food to break your fast with. Like all other Indian recipes, moong dal khichdi has some zesty spices. The best thing about this Indian rice recipe is that, it cooks in just 20 minutes. So if you are feeling really lazy to cook today, try making moong dal khichdi.