- 8 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 9 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 10 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 10 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Khichdi recipes are common throughout India. Moong dal khichdi is one of the most popular versions of this dal and rice recipe. A khichdi recipe basically consists of dal and rice cooked together with some spices. Moong dal khichdi is a very good dish for kids because it soft and easy to swallow.
Khichdi recipes are usually eaten on the days of religious fasting. Moong dal khichdi is also a very nutritious food to break your fast with. Like all other Indian recipes, moong dal khichdi has some zesty spices. The best thing about this Indian rice recipe is that, it cooks in just 20 minutes. So if you are feeling really lazy to cook today, try making moong dal khichdi.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Rice- 1 cup (soaked and cleaned)
- Moong dal- 1 cup (soaked and washed)
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Red chillies- 2
- Bay leaf- 1
- Asafoetida or hing- 1 pinch
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Carrot- 1 (chopped)
- French beans- 10 (chopped)
- Brinjal- 100 grams (chopped)
- Peas- 100 grams (shelled)
- Ginger- 1 inch (grated)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Garam masala- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 pinch
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Melt ghee in a pressure cooker. Season it with cumin seeds, red chillies, green chillies, bay leaf and hing.
- Add grated ginger and saute for a minute on medium flame.
- Then add all the chopped vegetables including carrots, brinjal, beans and peas.
- Cook for 2 minutes on a low flame. Now add the rice and dal. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sprinkle salt from the top. Also season with spices like turmeric, cumin and garam masala.
- Cook for around 3-4 minutes on a low flame and then add 3 cups of water.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for the duration of 2 whistles.
You can serve moong dal khichdi with curd, pickles and papad.