- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Sports India vs Australia: Stoinis suffers side injury, in doubt for second ODI against India: Reports
- News Sushil Modi named as BJP candidate for Rajya Sabha by-election in Bihar
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Remembers The Day She Was Conferred The Padma Shri: Says It Gave Her Family Pride
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Automobiles 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Khichdi recipes are common throughout India. Moong dal khichdi is one of the most popular versions of this dal and rice recipe. A khichdi recipe basically consists of dal and rice cooked together with some spices. Moong dal khichdi is a very good dish for kids because it soft and easy to swallow.
Khichdi recipes are usually eaten on the days of religious fasting. Moong dal khichdi is also a very nutritious food to break your fast with. Like all other Indian recipes, moong dal khichdi has some zesty spices. The best thing about this Indian rice recipe is that, it cooks in just 20 minutes. So if you are feeling really lazy to cook today, try making moong dal khichdi.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Rice- 1 cup (soaked and cleaned)
- Moong dal- 1 cup (soaked and washed)
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Red chillies- 2
- Bay leaf- 1
- Asafoetida or hing- 1 pinch
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Carrot- 1 (chopped)
- French beans- 10 (chopped)
- Brinjal- 100 grams (chopped)
- Peas- 100 grams (shelled)
- Ginger- 1 inch (grated)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Garam masala- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 pinch
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Melt ghee in a pressure cooker. Season it with cumin seeds, red chillies, green chillies, bay leaf and hing.
- Add grated ginger and saute for a minute on medium flame.
- Then add all the chopped vegetables including carrots, brinjal, beans and peas.
- Cook for 2 minutes on a low flame. Now add the rice and dal. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sprinkle salt from the top. Also season with spices like turmeric, cumin and garam masala.
- Cook for around 3-4 minutes on a low flame and then add 3 cups of water.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for the duration of 2 whistles.
You can serve moong dal khichdi with curd, pickles and papad.