- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 12 August 2020
- 13 hrs ago Alcohol, Coffee, Tea, Ice Cream, Eggs And Other Foods That Cause Headaches
- 14 hrs ago 14 Years Of Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna: Rani Mukerji Or Preity Zinta, Who Looked Stunning In The Film?
- 14 hrs ago Zindagi Gulzar Hai Actress Sanam Saeed’s Gorgeous Saree Is What Can Offer You Respite From The Heat
- News Irate mob attacks Karnataka MLA's house over Facebook post
- Movies Sushant Case: Lawyer Questions Siddharth Pithani's Action To Bring Down Actor's Body Exclusive
- Sports Ramsey agents dismiss rumour Pirlo wants midfielder out of Juventus
- Automobiles 2021 Kawasaki Versys BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 6.79 Lakh
- Technology All Low- Cost Postpaid Plans From Private Telecom Players You Need To Checkout
- Finance India's Factory Output Contracts 16.6% In June Amid COVID-19
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Khichdi recipes are common throughout India. Moong dal khichdi is one of the most popular versions of this dal and rice recipe. A khichdi recipe basically consists of dal and rice cooked together with some spices. Moong dal khichdi is a very good dish for kids because it soft and easy to swallow.
Khichdi recipes are usually eaten on the days of religious fasting. Moong dal khichdi is also a very nutritious food to break your fast with. Like all other Indian recipes, moong dal khichdi has some zesty spices. The best thing about this Indian rice recipe is that, it cooks in just 20 minutes. So if you are feeling really lazy to cook today, try making moong dal khichdi.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Rice- 1 cup (soaked and cleaned)
- Moong dal- 1 cup (soaked and washed)
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Red chillies- 2
- Bay leaf- 1
- Asafoetida or hing- 1 pinch
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Carrot- 1 (chopped)
- French beans- 10 (chopped)
- Brinjal- 100 grams (chopped)
- Peas- 100 grams (shelled)
- Ginger- 1 inch (grated)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Garam masala- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 pinch
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Melt ghee in a pressure cooker. Season it with cumin seeds, red chillies, green chillies, bay leaf and hing.
- Add grated ginger and saute for a minute on medium flame.
- Then add all the chopped vegetables including carrots, brinjal, beans and peas.
- Cook for 2 minutes on a low flame. Now add the rice and dal. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sprinkle salt from the top. Also season with spices like turmeric, cumin and garam masala.
- Cook for around 3-4 minutes on a low flame and then add 3 cups of water.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for the duration of 2 whistles.
You can serve moong dal khichdi with curd, pickles and papad.