- Technology Nubia Red Magic 5G Gaming Smartphone Bags 3C Certification: 55W Fast Charging Tipped
- Finance Budget 2020: Pushing Demand To Boost Economy Would Be Key
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Gets Trolled For Claiming There Was No Concept of India Till The British
- News Modi extracts wealth from India's poor, gives it to 'crony capitalist friends': Rahul Gandhi
- Automobiles KTM Adventure 390 Launched At Rs 2.99 Lakh: Bookings Officially Open At Rs 10,000
- Sports Australian Open 2020: Novak Djokovic results and form ahead of second-round match with Tatsuma Ito
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Sabudana Khichdi is a very popular Navratri fast recipe especially in the Western part of the country. It is a food you can eat safely when you are fasting for religious purposes. It is even otherwise a healthy Sabudana recipe for breakfast or to carry a lunch as lunch box to office. The best part about Sabudana Khichdi is that it is very easy to digest and light on your stomach. That is what makes it a perfect recipe for Navratri fasting.
Navratri is a nine days festival and you will go back to eating normal food only on the ninth day. So if you are fasting for nine days you will need a Navratri fast recipe that in not too rich. This Sabudana khichdi recipe will not assault your hunger struck digestive system any more. You are doing the Navratri fast this year then you will be definitely running out of ideas on what to make for nine long days. When in trouble go back to the basics. Try this simple and traditional Sabudana Khichdi recipe for a healthy meal.
Pic Courtesy: @exgratiaa (Twitter)
Ingredients For Sabudana Khichdi:
1. Sabudana also known as Pearl sago 1 cup (choose the medium size granules)
2. Potatoes-1 (chopped into small pieces)
3. Peas (handful)
4. Coconut grated-' cup (optional)
5. Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
6. Green chillies-2 (chopped finely)
7. Ghee-1 tablespoon
8. Fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
9. Sugar-1 teaspoon
10. Salt as per taste
Procedure For Sabudana Khichdi:
- Soak Sabudana in water overnight. You need to soak it in just the right amount of water. It will be 2 cups of water for one cup of Sabudana. Do not add extra water or else it will become soggy.
- Next morning, melt ghee in a pan and let it singe for some time.
- Add cumin seeds and chopped green chillies to it for tempering.
- Add the chopped potatoes to this and stir well to mix. The potatoes need about 3-4 minutes to become golden and then you can pour in the peas.
- If you are using coconut then this is the time to add it. However, it is not compulsory to add coconut as some people don't prefer it.
- Add the soaked Sabudana to the simmering vegetables and mix it well. Add salt and sugar and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Remove from flame and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Enjoy your Sabudana khichdi hot with raita and fruits.