- 43 min ago LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- 56 min ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 1 hr ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- 1 hr ago Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy? Here Are Some Helpful Tips
- News Anurag Thakur gets EC notice over 'Goli Maaro' slogans at election rally
- Technology Motorola G8 Renders Surface Online: Punch-Hole Display, Triple-Rear Cameras Tipped
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Odisha FC vs FC Goa: Preview, Team News, Dream11, Fantasy Tips, Prediction, TV Info
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Movies Vijay To Team Up With THIS Director For His Next?
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Children love to try out something different everyday. During the monsoon season, there are certain dishes that tend to get rotten by the afternoon in time for lunch. This aloo khichdi recipe is easy to prepare and is not at all time consuming. To make this meal a lot more interesting you can add a handful of matar to the dish. If your little one doesn't like the taste of peas, you can opt for potatoes which add in flavour.
This aloo khichdi recipe is one of the best in the lot of vegetarian recipes. All you need is samwat and vegetables to add to this dish. One important thing to remember while preparing the dish is to make sure that the aloo khichdi recipe is slightly overcooked, just palatable to taste.
Here is the aloo khichdi recipe for your kiddies lunch box, take a look:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Samwat - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Jeera -1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 piece
- Elaichi - 1 tsp
- Peas- 50 gms
- Potato - 1 large (diced small)
- Rock salt - 2 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 (chopped finely)
- Water - 3 cups
- Heat ghee, add jeera, elaichi and daalchini.
- When slightly coloured, add potato, peas and rice.
- Stir-fry till they look a bit fried.
- Add chopped green chillies
- Add salt, and water, bring to a boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or till cooked through and the water is absorbed.
Your aloo khichdi recipe is now ready to eat. A little dahi on the side will make this meal perfect.