Shivratri is one of the biggest festivals in India that is commemorated in every state differently. But, the undertone is the same, that is to keep a fast and worship Lord Shiva.
On Shivratri, people have only certain foods like fruits during the vrat. Banana is one such fruit that can provide you ample energy during your fasting period.
Today, we shall be sharing with you this easy banana salad recipe that would not take much time in preparation. All you need are a few simple ingredients. Take a look.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
1. Bananas - 2 (chopped)
2. Mint leaves - ¼th cup
3. Fresh curd - ¾th cup (whipped)
4. Sugar - 2 tsp
5. Salt as per taste
6. Ground pepper as per taste
7. Lemon juice - a few drops
8. Cucumber - ½ cup (roughly chopped)
9. Peanuts - 1 tbsp (roasted and crushed)
10. Dill leaves - ½ tbsp (finely chopped)
Also Read: Simple vrat recipes for Shivratri
1. Take whisked curd into a big bowl and add mint leaves. Add sugar, salt and pepper into it. Mix everything well. Keep it aside.
2. Now, take another bowl and start preparing the main salad. Take chopped bananas in the bowl and sprinkle a bit lemon juice into it.
3. Add chopped cucumber, salt, peanuts and chopped dill leaves into it. Now, add the curd dressing into the bowl.
4. Then, toss all the ingredients well.
Your banana salad is ready. On Shivratri, this can be a wonderful dish to have. This salad will keep you feeling full for long and also help you remain active during your fast.