You all know that a protein-rich diet is very important to keep yourself healthy and energetic. Even if you want to lose your weight and follow a balanced diet pattern, Middle Eastern rice with black beans and chickpeas is a wonderful wholesome meal. You can try it for breakfast or lunch; and this dish will keep you feeling full for long.
Also Read: 15 Minute Tomato Rice With Peas Recipe
Do you know how to make this recipe? Actually, it is a simple recipe with a subtle Middle Eastern twist. Follow the procedure and do try it at home.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Basmati Rice - 2 cups (soaked)
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Cayenne Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Boiled Beans - ½ cup
- Boiled Chickpeas - ½ cup
- Salt as per taste
Also Read: Special South Indian Fried Rice Recipe
1. Take a deep-bottomed pan and add ghee to it. Heat the ghee and add onions. Cook the onions until they become transparent. Now, add soaked basmati rice and all the spices. Add salt.
2. Mix everything well and add water to cook the rice. When you see bubbles in the pan, add the boiled chickpeas and black beans into it.
3. Keep the pot at simmer for 2 minutes. Take it out on a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
4. Your Middle Eastern rice with black beans and chickpeas is ready to be served.
Isn't it super easy to make? You can give it as lunch to your kids and they will enjoy it thoroughly. The black beans and chickpeas add a layer of taste that is simply wholesome and mind blowing.