- 2 hrs ago Besharam Bewaffa Promotions: Divya Khosla Kumar Gives Winter Fashion Goals In Her Super Cute Sweater Dress
- 5 hrs ago Horoscope 2021: Love And Marriage Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 02 December 2020
- 18 hrs ago Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Movies Pawan Kalyan’s Diet Plan For Vakeel Saab And Ayyappanum Koshiyum Remake Will Stun You!
- News Farmers' Protest: Narendra Singh Tomar, Piyush Goel knocks Amit Shah's door to review situation
- Technology Infinix Smart HD 2021 Phone, Smart TV, Sound Bar To Launch This Month In India
- Finance Reliance Industries Tops Fortune India-500 List For Second Year In A Row
- Sports India vs Australia | Sean Abbot plays his second ODI 6 years after his debut, marks turnaround
- Automobiles All-New Nissan Magnite Launched In India: Introductory Prices Start At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
It is quite amazing that in India, several vegetables are used in making desserts and sweet dishes. Among vegetables, carrots and bottle gourd (doodhi) are two of the most acceptable ingredients to make a halwa.
Shivratri is almost nearing and you definitely would want something healthy to have on that day during the fast.
This recipe of the Doodhi halwa that we've shared here not only tastes awesome but it also provides a good amount of energy during the fasting period. Have a look at the ingredients required and the method of preparation.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
1. Bottle Gourd - 1 cup (grated)
2. Sugar - ½ cup
3. Ghee - 1½ cup
4. Milk - 2 tbsp
5. Khoya - ½ cup (grated)
6. Chirongi nuts - 1 tbsp
1. Heat a pan and add ghee. Pour freshly grated doodhi into it and cook it for 2-3 minutes. When the doodhi gets softer, add sugar.
2. Add milk and mix it well. When you see the mixture of doodhi and sugar leaving water, cover it with a lid and cook it on low flame for 5 minutes.
3. Open the lid and add khoya or mawa. Before adding the mawa, mash it well with hands, so that it mixes well with the doodhi.
4. Doodhi ka halwa is ready to be served. Serve it in a bowl and garnish it with chirongi nuts.
Isn't the recipe quite easy? Do try it out and give us your feedback.