Nicoise salad is a salad that originated in the French city of Nice. It is traditionally made of tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, Niçoise olives, anchovies, and dressed with olive oil. This salad is absolutely light on the tummy and is full of flavours of olives, nicoise.
It also uses egg, which makes it all the more healthy. All those who are looking for various options for salads can try this recipe at home. You might like it. Here's the recipe from Chef MS Bhandari, take a look.
Recipe By: Chef MS Bhandari
Recipe Type: Salad
Roman lettuce - a few leaves
Capsicum - ½ cup
Yellow pepper - ½ cup
Red pepper - ½ cup
Cucumber - ½ cup
Hard boiled eggs - 2
Boiled potato - ½
Tuna fish - 1 cup
For The Dressing
Yellow mustard - 3 tbsp
Extra-virgin olive oil - 2 tbsp
White wine vinegar - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Crushed pepper - ½ tsp
Oregano - ½ tsp
Garlic - 1 clove
1. Take an open mouth big bowl and add broken crunchy lettuce in the bowl.
2. Now, add all the veggies and boiled cubes of potato and beans.
3. For dressing, take a separate bowl.
4. Put olive oil in it along with yellow mustard and white wine vinegar.
5. Now start to whisk it and put one clove of finally chopped garlic; seasoned with crushed pepper, salt and oregano.
6. Put this dressing with the veggies and toss it slowly and calmly.
7. When all are combined perfectly, take a salad bowl and put this in the bowl.
8. Meanwhile, put eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring it to a boil.
9. Remove from heat, and let it stand 12 minutes.
10. Drain, run the eggs under cold water, and peel. Halve each of it lengthwise.
11. Now, add the broken tuna fish on the salad and decorate with the desired cut of boiled eggs and serve immediately.
- 1. You can use anchovies instead of tuna fish as well.
- Serving size - 1 plate
- Calories - 25 cal
- Protein - 8 g
- Carbohydrates - 2 g
- Dietary fibre - 1 g
- Does Eating Salad Every Day Help You Lose Weight?
- 9 Proven Ways To Never Get Diabetes
- 11 Healthy Indian Snacks For Weight Loss
- 10 Low-calorie Foods For Weight Loss
- 16 Worse Lunchtime Mistakes That You Should Avoid Right Now
- Yum Yai Seafood Salad Recipe: How To Prepare Thai Seafood Salad
- Stir Fry Noodle Salad Recipe
- Russian Salad Recipe: How To Prepare Vegetarian Russian Salad
- Kala Chana Fruit Salad Recipe: How To Make Black Chana Fruit Salad At Home
- One Best Way To Make Your Salad Healthier
- Beetroot And Mascarpone Salad Recipe: Beet Salad With Mascarpone
- Burrata Cheese And Rocket Leaf Salad, Crispy Curry Leaf Dressing