- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- Technology Week 49, 2019 Launch Roundup: Vivo iQOO Neo, Motorola One Hyper, Nokia 2.3, Vivo Y9s And More
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Mayonnaise was your favourite in the past but if you are pregnant, you may wonder whether you can still spread it on your sandwiches and burgers.
Mayonnaise is made of egg yolk, vinegar, vegetable oil and or lemon juice too. As egg is used, eating mayonnaise during pregnancy could be risky unless the egg is pasteurised.
Though some brands of mayonnaise is pasteurised, it is better to consult your doctor before you consume it.
It is better to avoid preparing mayonnaise at home using raw eggs as it could carry the risk of salmonella.
Also, foods (you order at the restaurant) that contain mayonnaise should also be avoided when you are pregnant as you don't know whether it is pasteurised or not. Even if it is pasteurised, mayonnaise is not really beneficial during pregnancy and may carry risks if it contains bacteria. Also, it contains too much of fat.
When you happen to consume mayonnaise that contains salmonella, you may suffer dehydration and several other infections. Also, bacteria could get into your blood flow and the foetus could also get affected. Listeriosis is a disease that may occur if you consume raw eggs during pregnancy.
Also, the calories in mayonnaise may cause weight gains during pregnancy and of course, it also contains many preservatives which are nothing but chemical additives that may not be good for your health especially when your are pregnant.
Also, it contains sodium and sugar too. Both of those ingredients aren't good in large quantities which is why you would want to stay away from mayonnaise during pregnancy.