According to a study, it was found that if a child is exposed to excessive air pollution, there are high chances for it to affect their cognitive development.
The study which was published in the journal Environmental Pollution, showed that there was an association between reduction in working memory and exposure to fine particle matter.
This effect is highly visible in the case of children because of their small lung capacity and higher respiratory rate.
Children who walked to school were found to be more exposed to pollution. But this does not mean that those who commute by car or public transport are not exposed to high levels.
According to the researchers, the solution to this can be found if the number of private vehicles are reduced in the school routes. Further, to create less polluted and safer home to school routes.
This can take a long time to be executed and hence it is important that diet of the child is taken care of. Adding proper memory boosting foods is necessary for this purpose.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the best memory boosting foods for students. Read further to know about the foods that help boost memory.
These are superfoods that contain antioxidants and vitamin C that can help improve the cognitive ability, including memory.
Milk contains naturally occurring antioxidant glutathione in it that help improves the functions of the brain. This is one of the best memory boosting foods for students.
3. Nuts And Seeds:
These are storehouse of nutrients that help increase the brainpower significantly. For example, pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc, that plays an important role in shaping one's memory. Walnuts are also a good source of omega 3 fatty acids that promotes memory and brain functioning.
4. Green Vegetables:
Veggies like broccoli, kale and spinach are chocked with iron, vitamin E, K and B9 that are important for brain cell development. It also avoids memory related issues. These are some of the top foods that help boost memory.
- 10 Tips To Improve Memory While Studying
- 10 Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Raspberries
- 9 Tips To Keep Your Brain Active And Healthy
- 8Magical Health Benefits Of Olive Oil
- 8 Health Benefits Of Canola Oil
- 15 Impressive Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil
- 12 Healthy Facts About Sweet Potatoes You Should Know
- 10 Health Benefits Of Swimming You May Not Know About
- 10 Surprising Good Facts About White Chocolates
- 11 Foods To Improve Short-term Memory
- Can High Intensity Exercise Sharpen Your Memory?
- Beware! Disordered Eating Can Cause These Health Issues
- 10 Ways To Clean Up Your Diet For A Healthier Heart