- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 12 August 2020
- 12 hrs ago Alcohol, Coffee, Tea, Ice Cream, Eggs And Other Foods That Cause Headaches
- 13 hrs ago 14 Years Of Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna: Rani Mukerji Or Preity Zinta, Who Looked Stunning In The Film?
- 14 hrs ago Zindagi Gulzar Hai Actress Sanam Saeed’s Gorgeous Saree Is What Can Offer You Respite From The Heat
- News Irate mob attacks Karnataka MLA's house over Facebook post
- Movies Sushant Case: Lawyer Questions Siddharth Pithani's Action To Bring Down Actor's Body Exclusive
- Sports Ramsey agents dismiss rumour Pirlo wants midfielder out of Juventus
- Automobiles 2021 Kawasaki Versys BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 6.79 Lakh
- Technology All Low- Cost Postpaid Plans From Private Telecom Players You Need To Checkout
- Finance India's Factory Output Contracts 16.6% In June Amid COVID-19
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
French inventor Franky Zapata succeeded in crossing the English Channel on a jet-powered hoverboard for the first time, after a failed attempt last month.
He set off on his flyboard from Sangatte on the Northern coast of France to St. Margaret's Bay in Dover on England's South coast. He had planned to make the 35 km crossing in 20 minutes, keeping an average speed of 140 km an hour at a height of 15-20 m above the water.
Zapata, a former jet ski racing champion was escorted by three helicopters, as he glided across the water in the early morning light and landed in the bay, where dozens of journalists and onlookers were waiting for him.
He has been developing his hoverboard for the past three years, despite losing his two fingers. He already holds the Guinness World Record for the farthest hoverboard flight, a 2.2 km trip over the Mediterranean Sea in April 2016.
Over the years, the English Channel has been crossed in many ways - including by hot air balloon, monoski, gondola, hovercraft, glider, parachute, and pedalo.