- 1 hr ago Besharam Bewaffa Promotions: Divya Khosla Kumar Gives Winter Fashion Goals In Her Super Cute Sweater Dress
- 4 hrs ago Horoscope 2021: Love And Marriage Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 02 December 2020
- 17 hrs ago Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Finance Reliance Industries Tops Fortune India-500 List For Second Year In A Row
- Movies Umbrella Academy Star Elliot Page Formerly Known As Ellen Page, Comes Out As Transgender
- News Word leaders to address special session of UN General Assembly on COVID-19 pandemic
- Sports India vs Australia | Sean Abbot plays his second ODI 6 years after his debut, marks turnaround
- Automobiles All-New Nissan Magnite Launched In India: Introductory Prices Start At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Technology Samsung Launches New Programs For Customers In India
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Today on Google doodle, we get to see a prominent lady being featured from the field of Indian literature for her poetry and short stories. She is none other than Kamala Das.
She is regarded as one of the most influential feminist authors from the post-colonial era who has dared to write about women's sexual lives and marital problems. This was done at a time when open discussion about such topics was considered to be a taboo.
So, read on to know more about Kamala Das and why Google Doodle has featured her today in the list of celebrities who are honoured and recognised by Google.
She Was A Malayalam Author…
Kamala Das is one of India's prominent poets and a Malayalam author among the literary scholars and philosophers. She dared to write about women's sexual lives and marital problems. She did this at the time when having an open discussion about such topics was considered to be a great taboo.
A Little About Her Family…
Kamala Das was born to a Hindu family which was later converted to Islam. She apparently changed her name after that and was known as Kamala Suraiya.
Her Pen Name Was Madhavi Kutty
She wrote her novels in Malayalam, which was her mother tongue, and she also did write in English. Her writings were focused on inspiring women who had been struggling against domestic and sexual oppression.
She Was Also Called “The Mother Of Modern Indian English Poetry’
With over 20 books and her extensive contribution to the field of poetry in our country, she was labelled as ‘The Mother of Modern Indian English Poetry'. She also wrote ‘My Story' in English, and later ‘Ente Katha' in Malayalam, which got her immense fame.
Her Biopic Is Being Filmed
She died in Pune, on 31st May 2009, at the age of 75 and there have been many speculations about biopics being made on her life. But there have been controversies regarding it as well, as people are assuming that "Love-jihad" is being promoted through the movie. So, the debate of making the movie is still on.
Wish to read about more such interesting stories? Then, do let us know in the comment section below.
All Images Source: Wikicommons