- 2 hrs ago Mouni Roy, Madhuri Dixit, And Shilpa Shetty Gave Us Festive Goals With Their Gorgeous Saris
- 2 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends This Week: Beyoncé, Scarlett Johansson, Sonam Kapoor & More
- 3 hrs ago Level Up Your Fashion Game With These Statement Yet Wardrobe-Worthy Outfits
- 3 hrs ago We Have Listed 14 Ways When You Become Really Offensive Without Realising it
- Sports Rohit Sharma equals Sunil Gavaskar's record, sets record for most number of sixes in a Test series
- Finance IMF Says Corporate Tax Cut Will Have Positive Impact On Investment In India
- Movies Kriti Kharbanda On Rumours Of Dating Pulkit Samrat: 'That's For People To Find Out'
- Technology New York Woman Set To Win $100,000 For Not Using Smartphone For 1 Year
- News Will talk to Shah if needed, fisherman to be released: B'desh HM on BSF Jawan's killing
- Automobiles Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips And Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
If a person wants to taste success, he/she needs to overcome a lot of hurdles and needs to be strong at any given point. Accepting our weaknesses and working on them will bring in success for sure.
Here is the story of a model born with a rare genetic disorder. A model named Melanie Gaydos was born with a rare genetic condition called ectodermal dysplasia and inspite of her condition, today, she is a very well known name in the fashion industry.
YOu May Also Like To Read: What's The Identity Of This Model? Male Or Female?
Check out her story of how she has overcome her medical condition, in which she suffers from the growth abnormalities and yet she is determined to break into the fashion industry.
Also Read: WHAT?? Models Eat Cotton Balls To Stay Thin!
Find out more about her...
All Images Source
She Was Born With This Disorder…
Melanie Gaydos was born with a genetic disorder named ectodermal dysplasia. In this condition, the person has problems with the growth of teeth, pores, cartilage, nails and even small bones. In this case, Melanie is bald and doesn't have any adult teeth.
It Has Never Been An Easy Journey For Her…
It has never been an easy journey for her in the fashion industry, as she has faced criticism in every step of hers, dealing with negative comments to even refusing to wear dental implants, despite not having any teeth; however, these have only made her thick-skinned.
Her Boyfriend Had Encouraged Her To Model…
She said it was her boyfriend who had helped her to understand that she was the only person who looks like her, and that there was potential. We're glad she took up his advice!
Standing Out In The Crowd…
She is a model whose appearance makes her stand out in the crowd, as she has no adult teeth and she has stopped wearing dental implants, since she was very uncomfortable in them.
She Also Suffers From…
She also has bilateral cleft palette and alopecia, which inhibit natural hair growth. Though she used artificial dentures for 8 months, she removed them, as she was not comfortable with them.
Her Take On Life…
She said in a recent interview, "I also found I was more comfortable with myself how I am, without any enhancements. Maybe other people think I am incomplete, but that is only because they have teeth or know what that is like and cannot understand or picture what it's like without any. I don't miss having teeth because I never really had them to begin with."
Her Take On Getting Famous & Getting Recognised For Her Work
She further added, "I have definitely become more confident with who I am and myself. I stopped wearing wigs and started modeling. In a way, I was forcing myself to learn more about who I was and to become more comfortable with who I am at my core and natural state of being. This whole process has helped me become more confident, stronger and happier in my existence."
Well, this truly is inspiring and this only tells us to leave our fear aside and achieve what we've come here for. Share your thoughts on this in the comment section below