- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 24 May 2022: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 18 hrs ago What Are Empty Calories? Major Sources, Disadvantages And How To Replace Them
- 19 hrs ago Omicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- 20 hrs ago First Death Of A Child Reported In Mexico Due To Mysterious Severe Hepatitis: Things To Know
- News Quad leaders meet in Tokyo at 2nd in-person summit: 10 points
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Day 12 Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu's Film Slows Down At The Box Office
- Sports Racing Along The Singalong Track in Chennai
- Travel GlampEco - Glamping At India's First Geodesic Dome Stay
- Finance Motilal Oswal Suggests Buy This Stock For 25% Potential Gains, Declared Final Dividend Of Rs 6.25
- Education NABARD AM Prelims Mains 2021 Cut Off Marks, Check NABARD Assistant Manager RDBS Rajbhasha Cut Off Details Here
- Automobiles KTM RC 390 Launched At Rs 3.14 Lakhs
- Technology Vivo T2 5G Launch Postponed; Check New Launch Date, Features & Expected Pricing
It has been shown that aromatherapy affects the brain and influences behaviour. For centuries, essential oils have been used to heal physical and mental ailments. Their reported benefits include improved memory and attention, calming effects, preventing inflammation and illness, and more.
Now you may be wondering how can smelling something affect how we feel? Well, that's because the olfactory bulb in the brain governs our sense of smell. The olfactory bulb is connected to the hippocampus and the amygdala, which are brain regions responsible for memory and emotions.
Here is a list of Indian fragrances to de-stress.
Indian Fragrances That Help Reduce Stress Levels
Lemon: The benefits of lemon are that it energizes you, keeps your mind calm, improves your skin, and keeps you fresh throughout your day. With this citrus-filled scent, your brain rejuvenates, and your mind is reset. In addition, citrus scents, particularly lemon, orange, and grapefruit, can help reduce stress and tension .
Sandalwood: Sandalwood promotes calmness, lower stress levels, and better sleep. This scent is unique worldwide for its earthy nature that grounds the mind and body. Sandalwood can either be powdered or pasted. In addition, sandalwood is a natural pain reliever that provides relief from stress, fatigue, and headaches .
Jasmine: One of the sweetest scents in the world is jasmine. Its aroma brings a sense of relaxation to mind, elevating it above all the clutter surrounding it. Jasmine is also known for inducing sleep. The jasmine scent is as effective as valium at calming the nerves without any side effects .
Rose: The antidepressant, tonic and sedative properties of rose can help reduce stress and tension, calm the nervous system and give us a sense of balance, hope and upliftment when we are in need .
Camphor: Camphor essential oil has some magical effects on the brain, known for its relaxing and stress-relieving properties. Excessive use, however, can have effects nearly equal to local anaesthesia .
Vetiver: Vetiver oil is derived from a grassy plant native to India and has a sweet, earthy scent. Vetiver oil can help calm the nervous system and aid sleep . Hence, it may ease the symptoms of anxiety and stress. Hence, it is also known as the oil of tranquillity.
The next time you feel stressed out, try out any of these scents for quick relief.
- wellnessExpert Article: Positive Impact Of Music On Mental Health
- disorders cureWhat Is Broken Heart Syndrome (Stress Cardiomyopathy)? Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- wellnessBangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata Named Among 'Most Stressed Cities In The World': Here's Why
- skin care8 Effects Of Stress On Your Skin And Hair
- beyond loveStress Harms Relationships: How You Can Reduce It During Holidays And Beyond
- diabetesWorld Diabetes Day 2021: Effective Ways To Manage Diabetes During The Winter Season
- wellness11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- postnatalFactors That Could Affect The Taste, Smell And Production Of Breast Milk
- wellness17 Foods That May Help Increase Oxytocin Levels Naturally
- wellnessHeadache 101: Everything You Need To Know From Causes, Symptoms To Home Remedies, Foods, Yoga Poses And More
- wellnessWhat is Empty-Nest Syndrome? Symptoms, Causes And How To Cope
- postnatalPostpartum Hair Loss: How To Deal With Hair Fall Post-Pregnancy