- 1 hr ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 14 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- 18 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar On Her Mother Testing Positive For COVID-19: Had A Hellish Time, She Was Extremely Serious
- Technology Week 20, 2021 Launch Roundup: Infinix Hot 10S, ASUS Zenfone 8, Redmi Note 10S, Infinix Note 10 Pro, And More
- News Bengal lockdown: Shootings of TV serials, films to halt from today
- Finance Why Mutual Funds Are Showing 1-Year Returns of 70-80%?
- Sports Vanessa Bryant salutes Kobe at Basketball Hall of Fame induction - 'You're a true champ'
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Boiled foods are not really termed as delicious. However, some of the most real foods that we eat are boiled. For example, rice, eggs, and potatoes are boiled foods that we just cannot do without. Apart from these basic boiled foods, other foods can be healthy when boiled, like chicken, beans, and fish.
When you cook food, it is imperative that the nutritional content changes. Because of this, some health experts say that boiled food is not the healthiest option because the food would have lost the majority of its nutrients. However, the key point here is, while boiled food can be healthy - it is over boiling of food which makes the food lose all the necessary nutrients .
Why Is Boiled Food Healthy?
If you want to eat healthy, then boiled foods are the best option for you. Boiling foods help you preserve the maximum amount of nutritional value in an ingredient. Frying can destroy the nutrients present inside the food. But a mild blanching or boiling keeps your food nutritious. Moreover, boiled foods are obviously less fattening when compared to fried or grilled ones .
When you boil food, the complex compounds present break into a simple compound, which makes the food easily digestible, some of the other health benefits are that boiled food help lose weight, improve skin texture, prevent acidity, may help prevent the onset of kidney stones, eases stomach inflammation and promotes hair growth as well .
Foods That Are Best When Boiled
The best part is that boiled foods do not have to be dull to eat; they can be made delicious. Here are some of the foods you can boil and read some tips to make them delicious.
1. Potato: Boiling potatoes are the best choices for minimising their fat and calorie contents compared to frying . Nutritionists point out that eating boiled potatoes is one of the best ways to fill your stomach without worrying about weight gain.
2. Eggs: The protein from the boiled egg whites is extremely good for your health, as it helps keep your blood sugar stable. Add a pinch of pepper to make your eggs more delicious and healthier.
3. Green beans: Boiled green beans have 4.0 g of fibre, some of its soluble fibre. Soluble fibre may help lower LDL or so-called bad cholesterol and total cholesterol levels. It may also support heart health by lowering blood pressure and reducing inflammation .
4. Pulses: Studies have shown that eating boiled pulses can lower blood cholesterol, reduce blood pressure and help with bodyweight management, which are all risk factors for heart disease. Pulses are low in saturated and trans fats and high in soluble fibre .
5. Corn: Boiled corn contains healthy B vitamins, which are important to your overall health . Corn also provides our bodies with essential minerals such as zinc, magnesium, copper, iron and manganese.
6. Broccoli: Broccoli and all other cruciferous vegetables can be boiled before eating. To improve its benefits. Broccoli is high in many nutrients, including fibre, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium. It also boasts more protein than most other vegetables . The vegetable requires little boiling, so you can add them while you are brewing a soup.
7. Prawns: Prawns or any other seafood is most nutritious when it is boiled. Excessive heat destroys the delicate sea minerals that are there in these foods . Add boiled prawns to curries, soups or salads to enjoy their benefits.
Healthy Boiled Food Recipes
1. Spinach Soup with Paneer
- A handful of spinach leaves washed and chopped
- One onion, chopped
- 100 g paneer, diced into cubes
- ½ inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- Boil spinach leaves, onion and ginger in a pressure cooker until done.
- After it cools, churn into a fine paste. Boil the spinach mixture with water, salt and pepper for a few minutes.
- In a non-stick pan, sauté the cottage cheese cubes with a dash of butter.
2. Boiled Black Chickpeas
- 1 cup black chickpeas (Kala chana)
- One tablespoon mustard seeds
- Two tablespoon curry leaves
- One teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil black chickpeas with salt until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add black chickpeas and mix well.
- Serve hot.
On A Final Note...
Some foods are nutritious when eaten raw, while others are nutritious after being cooked or boiled. Always make sure to thoroughly wash the produce (vegetables) before cooking.