- 7 hrs ago Low Calorie Quick Vegetarian Recipe: How To Make Cabbage Soup
- 10 hrs ago Tired Of Hair Loss? Here Are Some Tips And Home Remedies To Naturally Regrow Your Hair
- 12 hrs ago 106 Deaths In Delhi In January Due To Cold, Claims NGO; Officials Deny
- 12 hrs ago Kalashtami January 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals And Significance
- News Neglected infectious diseases may be tomorrow's pandemic: Bharat Biotech chairman
- Finance 2 Small Cap Stocks Where FIIs Raised Stake By Up To 34.81% In December Qtr.
- Movies Anuradha Paudwal And Sadhana Sargam Grace Zee TV’s Sa Re Ga Ma Pa As Special Guests
- Sports PKL 2021-22: Mohit, Sombir star as Puneri Paltan make light work of Naveen-less Dabang Delhi
- Automobiles Volkswagen Tiguan Deliveries Commence In India: Prices Start From Rs 31.99 Lakh
- Education NBEMS FDST Admit Card 2022 Released At nbe.edu.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Ticket
- Technology Oppo Watch Free Listed On Official Site In India; Launching Alongside Reno7 Series On Feb 4?
- Travel National Tourism Day 2022: Explore North India By Train
Fruits and vegetables are easily the foundation of a healthy diet. Contributing to our health in diverse ways, the nutrition content in the variety of fruits and vegetables are impossible to be acquired from any other food items. Reports indicate that although the rise in health consciousness has promoted the adoption of vegan and vegetarian diets, five in 10 Indians fall short of their daily vegetable and fruit intake  .
With time, the number of lifestyle diseases and conditions are on a rise. And it is during these times, one comes to the realisation of switching to a healthy lifestyle and one of those steps include ditching fizzy drinks and switching to healthy fruit and veggie drinks  .
In this article, we will take a look at one such healthy drink that is easy to prepare and possess various benefits for your overall health - and that is, carrot ginger juice  . A combination of both vegetable and herb, this healthy alternative contains less than 200 calories (when made from 4 carrots and half-inch ginger root).
1. Boosts Immune System
The combination of carrot and ginger gives you the benefits of various nutrients. Vitamins A and C in carrots are good for the blood cells, while ginger's antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties boost immunity. They also help detoxify the body, which is another way of improving the body's immunity.
The anti-microbial properties of the combination of carrot and ginger help kill infection-causing harmful bacteria and viruses, thus keeping you healthy.
2. Curbs Cancer Risk
Studies point out that, fresh carrot ginger juice protects us against various types of cancer. Carrot can combat and guard against ovarian, colorectal, lung, breast and other types of cancers, and ginger is particularly helpful in arresting the spread of cancer cells. Rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients, the healthy combination of ginger and carrot help prevent the growth of radical cells that increase the risk of cancer.
According to a study conducted in 2012, it was revealed that the gingerols present in ginger juice promote ovarian cancer cell death and also stunt colon cancer cell growth.
3. Manages Diabetes
Antioxidant-rich carrot ginger juice should be taken regularly to keep diabetes at bay. Ginger lowers the blood sugar level and improves the efficiency of insulin and reduces complications associated with diabetes. Carrots are also good for diabetic patients, since they are low glycaemic vegetables, while carotenoids (organic pigments that are produced by plants and algae which give them the characteristic colour) help in regulating the blood sugar levels.
4. Improves Heart Health
The antioxidant and cleansing properties in carrots and gingers promote cardiovascular health. Besides the beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and lutein in carrots reduce the risk of heart attack, while the potassium content in them lowers the blood pressure. Ginger also helps reduce cholesterol level and regulates blood pressure.
Dr Sneha pointed out that, "Beta Carotene (in carrots) can reduce the efficacy of certain statins - cholesterol medication. Before adopting the carrot and ginger juice diet talk to your physician about the associated benefits and risks."
According to studies, the gingerol content in your healthy juice can lower the blood pressure, which could, in turn, reduce your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
5. Treats Muscle Soreness
The combination of carrot and ginger is rich in anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain and muscle soreness, as it soothes the inflammation in muscles. Studies have pointed out that ginger extracts are a proven remedy for muscle soreness, which when combined with anti-arthritis vitamin A and beta-carotene packed carrots, the home remedy is an effective cure.
6. Improves Skin Health
The carrot ginger juice is an excellent mixture for healthy skin. Carrots contain beta-carotene, which improves the health of the skin. Ginger also has antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that improve the skin's texture. The antioxidants also repair damaged skin.
7. Beneficial For Pregnant Women
Studies have suggested that carrot ginger juice is beneficial for expecting mothers because the presence of vitamin A in carrots greatly enhances cell growth, which also helps in the healthy development of the foetus inside the womb. Also, consuming the juice help prevent the risk of internal infections which can affect the foetus. Besides, pregnant women also need calcium in abundance, which the carrot ginger juice offers.
Dr Sneha added, "There have been cases where people adopted carrot juice fads and reported a condition called ‘carotenemia' where their skin turned orange/yellow. This is a benign condition and goes away once you reduce your consumption amount but it might be safe to put a note recommending moderate consumption."
She further said that, "Hypercarotenaemia develops in subjects consuming high levels of carotenoid rich foods or β-carotene supplements (>30mgday-1) over a period of months."
Recipe For Carrot Ginger Juice
- 4-5 fresh carrots
- ½ inch ginger root
- ½ a lemon
- Cinnamon and sea salt, for taste
- Cut the carrots, wash and dry them.
- Remove the ginger roots' skin and wash it thoroughly.
- Put the carrot and ginger root pieces in a blender and blend until it becomes smooth.
- Pour the juice into a glass and squeeze the lemon into the juice.
- Add some sea salt or cinnamon powder and drink the juice daily in the morning.
-  Zhu, T., Corraze, G., Plagnes-Juan, E., Montfort, J., Bobe, J., Quillet, E., ... & Skiba-Cassy, S. (2019). MicroRNAs related to cholesterol metabolism affected by vegetable diet in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) from control and selected lines. Aquaculture, 498, 132-142.
-  Mangano, K. M., Noel, S. E., Lai, C. Q., Christensen, J. J., Ordovas, J. M., Dawson-Hughes, B., ... & Parnell, L. D. (2019). Diet-derived fruit and vegetable metabolites suggest sex-specific mechanisms conferring protection against osteoporosis in humans. MedRxiv, 19003848.
-  Zeeshan, M., Saleem, S. A., Ayub, M., & Khan, A. (2018). Development and Quality Evaluation of RTS from Mandarin (Citrus reticulata) and Carrot Blend Flavored with Ginger Extract. J Food Process Technol, 9(714), 2.
- skin careHow To Treat Acne With Carrot Juice
- diet fitnessCarrot And Orange Juice Diet For Weight Loss
- nutrition10 Best Detox Juices For A Fast Weight Loss
- nutritionHere Is Why You Must Have Carrot Juice Every Day After Your Meal
- body care7 Beauty Benefits Of Carrot juice
- recipesSalad Special: How To Make Kidney Bean Salad
- recipesEasy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Split Black Gram Or Urad Dal Dosa
- recipesEasy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Eggless Banana Pancakes
- recipesEasy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- recipesMakar Sankranti 2021: How To Prepare Jaggery And Sesame Seed Paratha
- basicsImportance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- diabetesWhy Are Meals Prepared At Home The Best Choice For People With Diabetes?