- 5 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 6 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 6 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- 7 hrs ago Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make
- News Vaccine 1st puts spotlight on German pharma company BioNTech
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan's COP Film: The Location Hunt Is Progressing!
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Mood swings are a b*tch to deal with! And most of the time they are caused by hormonal fluctuations over which you have no control (hint: PMS).
So if you are tired of snapping at innocents and then melting into a puddle of tears, you are in luck. In this article we will discuss X foods you should eat when you are in a bad mood that are known to work wonders on the foulest of temperaments.
Coconuts are packed with medium-chain fatty acids that are great for your brain's health and your mood. Plus, they are naturally sweet!
So the next time you feel low, munch on a few pieces of this tropical fruit and you will start feeling better soon.
#2 Dark Chocolate
Studies have shown that eating just an ounce of dark chocolate is enough to reduce your body's cortisol and catecholamine levels, both of which are stress hormones.
And if the sky is cloudy outside, you can even make yourself a cup of hot chocolate with some molten dark chocolate and milk. Ah, bliss!
Leafy greens may not be the first thing you reach out for when your mood plummets, but you will be surprised by their secret pick-me-up powers.
Definitely something you should add to your grocery list the next time your period dates come by.
These little balls of protein are rich in mood-boosting omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins. Plus, proteins are known to improve your satiety level, which is also an important component in feeling good.
Tomato skin is rich in lycopene, a compound that has powerful antioxidant properties that works wonders on your brain. So have some tomatoes next time you are in a bad mood.
In fact, you can even add some olive oil to your tomato salad as it improves the absorption of lycopene from your gut.
Honey contains the compounds kaempferol and quercetin, which are keep your brain healthy and keep depression at bay. Plus, it is five time sweeter than regular sugar, and therefore, the perfect way to enjoy the same sweetness in a relatively small quantity.
#7 Greek Yoghurt
Greek yoghurt is chock-full of calcium, which is essential for the release of neurotransmitters in your brain, especially the feel-good ones. So add it to your fruit smoothie to make it a perfect pick-me-up!