Mood swings are a b*tch to deal with! And most of the time they are caused by hormonal fluctuations over which you have no control (hint: PMS).
So if you are tired of snapping at innocents and then melting into a puddle of tears, you are in luck. In this article we will discuss X foods you should eat when you are in a bad mood that are known to work wonders on the foulest of temperaments.
Coconuts are packed with medium-chain fatty acids that are great for your brain's health and your mood. Plus, they are naturally sweet!
So the next time you feel low, munch on a few pieces of this tropical fruit and you will start feeling better soon.
#2 Dark Chocolate
Studies have shown that eating just an ounce of dark chocolate is enough to reduce your body's cortisol and catecholamine levels, both of which are stress hormones.
And if the sky is cloudy outside, you can even make yourself a cup of hot chocolate with some molten dark chocolate and milk. Ah, bliss!
Leafy greens may not be the first thing you reach out for when your mood plummets, but you will be surprised by their secret pick-me-up powers.
Definitely something you should add to your grocery list the next time your period dates come by.
These little balls of protein are rich in mood-boosting omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins. Plus, proteins are known to improve your satiety level, which is also an important component in feeling good.
Tomato skin is rich in lycopene, a compound that has powerful antioxidant properties that works wonders on your brain. So have some tomatoes next time you are in a bad mood.
In fact, you can even add some olive oil to your tomato salad as it improves the absorption of lycopene from your gut.
Honey contains the compounds kaempferol and quercetin, which are keep your brain healthy and keep depression at bay. Plus, it is five time sweeter than regular sugar, and therefore, the perfect way to enjoy the same sweetness in a relatively small quantity.
#7 Greek Yoghurt
Greek yoghurt is chock-full of calcium, which is essential for the release of neurotransmitters in your brain, especially the feel-good ones. So add it to your fruit smoothie to make it a perfect pick-me-up!
- Food Coma: Why Do You Feel Sleepy After Eating Lunch?
- How Much Should You Eat If You Exercise Daily?
- Phosphorous Rich Foods You Should Include In Your Diet
- These 7 Foods Heal Broken Bones Naturally
- Importance Of Consuming Low Glycemic Index Foods
- Tiger Nuts Benefit Your Health In These 7 Ways!
- Food Combinations That Are Dangerous For Kids
- 7 Things To Avoid While Dining Out To Stay Healthy
- How Long Should You Wait To Drink Water After Eating?
- Pregnancy Cravings That Are Not Good For You
- Sweet Potatoes Vs White Potatoes: Which Is Better?
- These 8 Natural Liver-Cleansing Foods Will Blow Your Mind