- 5 hrs ago Tamannaah Bhatia, Sophie Choudry, And Other Divas Look Their Fashionable Best
- 14 hrs ago 11 Natural Energy Drinks You Can Make At Home
- 16 hrs ago Tiny Antibodies From Llamas Can Potentially Treat COVID-19: Study
- 17 hrs ago What Is Juvenile Osteoporosis? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- Technology List Of 7 Inch Screen Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- Sports IPL 2021, KKR vs MI: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- News Narendra Modi meets Australian PM Scott Morrison in US ahead of 1st in-person Quad Summit
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Grand Premiere: Date, Time, Where To Watch & Streaming Details Of The Salman Khan Show
- Finance Realty Stocks To Buy As Outlook For The Sector Remains Bullish: Nifty Realty Gains 23% In 4 Session
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
- Education NIOS Practical Hall Ticket 2021 Released For Oct-Nov Examination
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
We all know the importance of water and how much it is required by the body. Doctors recommend to drink at least 8-9 glasses of water per day. Drinking water has enough power to eliminate fatigue and depression from your body.
Water performs many primary functions in the body, which include carrying essential nutrients from the food you eat, regulating body temperatures, removing waste products, breaking down and transporting nutrients, and lubricating the joints.
Water is also required for performing other bodily functions as well like maintaining the pH balance, metabolism, breathing, preventing constipation, ensuring proper kidney function, and skin toning.
Water also plays a key role in the functioning of the nervous system, circulatory system, respiratory system and excretory system.
Let us have a look at the 10 interesting health facts about water.
1. Maximizes Physical Performance
During intense exercise or high heat, human bodies tend to dehydrate. This takes out half of the body's water and causes fatigue, alters body temperature control, and reduces motivation. Drinking water reduces oxidative stress that happens during high-intensity exercise.
2. Water For Brain Function
Many noted studies have shown that mild dehydration can diminish many aspects of the brain function. Lack of water can impair mood and concentration and increase the frequency of headaches, leading to shortage of memory and brain performance.
3. Water Can Treat Migraine
Dehydration can activate migraine headaches and cause intense pain. Drinking water can help to relieve headaches and dizziness. Instead of reaching for those pills whenever you are suffering with a headache, drink a glass of water to reduce headaches.
4. Water Prevents Hangovers
Drinking too much of alcohol causes hangover, which makes your body feel unpleasant. Alcohol dehydrates your body faster and makes you lose more water because it is diuretic. Drinking enough water between drinks or after drinking will reduce the symptoms of a hangover.
5. Helps In Weight Loss
Did you know that drinking plenty of water can make you lose weight faster? Yes, it's a fact that water can boost your metabolic rate and increase satiety. Drinking water half an hour before meals is deemed effective in losing weight, as it will help you to eat fewer calories.
6. Good For Pregnant Mothers
Pregnant women require valuable nutrients and water for proper growth of the foetus. Bladder infections and constipation are common during pregnancy and these health problems can be avoided if nursing and pregnant mothers drink excess water.
7. Removes Kidney Stones
Kidney stones form in the kidneys when your urine contains more crystal-forming substances. Drinking 10 glasses of water per day can prevent the formation of kidney stones because it will not allow the salts and other minerals to form into stones, thus flushing out the toxins.
8. Maintains The Body Temperature
The human body constitutes about 60 percent of water and it is responsible for the regulation of the body temperature. During summers, your body is warm and in order to lower the heat from the body, it is essential to drink plenty of water to cool your body.
9. Boosts Metabolism
Drinking at least 8 glasses of water in a day will carry oxygen, and nutrients to other parts of the body. This also helps in removing the dead skin cells, waste material and toxins from the body. Keep your metabolism running by drinking lots of water.
10. Rheumatoid Arthritis
Water is extremely beneficial in preventing rheumatoid arthritis. The joints of the human body are prone to continuous friction, which can lead to arthritis. To maintain your joints in a proper shape and decrease the risk of arthritis, drink plenty of water.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.