Our sedentary lifestyle and excess workload often keep us so busy that we skip a lot of things and one such thing is physical exercise.
The result of skipping this is putting on weight and this, in turn, triggers a lot of health problems too.
So, it's quite important that you take 15-20 minutes at least and do some physical exercise like yoga, which will help shed those extra kilos, making you look slim, trim and toned of course.
Yoga indeed is the best way to lose weight permanently and you will not only lose weight but you can also control your soul and body too; your stress level will reduce. Yoga attracts positivity as well and when you are positive, you perform better, your productivity increases, your thinking ability improves and your concentration power also increases.
Yoga will also bring peace and harmony in your life back and will keep stress at bay. It will not only shed weight but also heal and maintain your overall health; yoga will improve your flexibility.
Yoga also works on your digestion, flushes toxins out of the body, and makes your skin glow and many more such benefits are present once you start doing the yoga asanas on a daily basis.
So, here you go, these 5 yoga poses are designed to help you lose weight at a faster pace. Take a look.
Sun salutation detoxifies your body; you need to do this every morning. Suryanamaskar tones the abdominal organs by stretching and compressing cycles, which helps in better, faster digestion and bowel movement. This pose also avoids building up of fat, and in fact, it burns calories at a faster pace. However, you need to do it 5-10 times to shed weight.
How To Do:
- There are many ways you can do suryanamaskar but Ashtanga Namaskara will help you lose weight faster.
- Lie on the ground with prone position, and then take your butt back a bit, slide to forward. You need to rest your chin and chest forward, and raise your posterior a little.
- Eight body parts should touch the ground, which are your hands, legs, chest, chin and knees.
- Your 8 parts of the body should touch the ground, except the stomach and face areas.
2. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana):
This pose will burn belly fat at a faster rate. This pose will also help in digestion of the food. Cobra pose also strengthens your muscles, abdomen, back and your full upper body. This pose also makes your spine flexible. You need to hold yourself in a cobra position for 30-40 seconds and repeat this 5-10 times every day to notice the change.
How To Do:
- Start by placing your hands and palms down on the ground, under the shoulders.
- Lift your upper body that is your chest by using your arms.
- Lie down on your abdomen and again lift your upper body using your hands.
3. Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana):
This pose will strengthen your legs, thighs hamstrings and ankles. In this pose, your full body weight gets on the things as you bend forward. This pose stimulates the abdominal organs and promotes weight loss; this pose also increases your stamina level.
How To Do:
- Start by standing straight with your legs wide and arms on the sides.
- Move your left feet to face left, twist your body to the left side completely.
- You need to go front on your left knee; and your left knee should in be in a 90-degree angle.
- Take your hands up in the air and join them in a Namaste position. While doing Namaste, your face should be lifted up.
- Hold on 10-15 seconds in this position and repeat again.
4. Chair Pose (Utkatasana):
This yoga pose is similar to squats and you have to pretend as if you are sitting on a chair, this requires immense strength in the beginning. This pose will strengthen your leg muscles, burn calories, melt fat on the butt and thigh areas and belly as well. While doing this pose, your hands should be up in the air. As your hands are up, the fat accumulated on the arms also will burn.
How To Do:
- Start by standing straight.
- Bend your knees and your lower body like you would while you sit on the chair.
- You need to keep your head and hands up in the air and hold in this chair position.
- Your back should be slightly bent in this position.
5. Bridge Pose (Setubandhanasana):
This pose is a challenging one, but it has immense benefits too, as it will help you lose those extra stubborn fats. This pose strengthens your neck, chest, spine, legs, thighs, and butt areas. Your belly fat will melt faster with this pose. However, you need to be careful while doing this asana.
How To Do:
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet on the floor.
- Apply pressure on the bent knees and lift your back completely.
- Your face and shoulders should touch the ground and feet too. Rest of the body should be in the air.
- Hold on in this position for a minute and then again repeat. This pose is a challenging one, hence be careful while practicing this pose.
So, these were a few yoga poses for shedding weight at a faster pace. Practice these poses daily for 20-30 minutes and you will notice the change soon.
- What To Eat For Breakfast When Trying To Lose Weight
- 10 Best Fruits That Burn Belly Fat
- 10 Benefits Of Eating Spinach Every Day
- How Many Carbs Should One Eat In A Day To Lose Weight
- How Many Calories Is Healthy To Lose Weight?
- Best Time To Eat Banana For Weight Loss
- 10 Awesome Health Benefits Of Fish Oil
- 10 Health Benefits Of Gelatin You Should Know
- Does Eating Salad Every Day Help You Lose Weight?
- Metabolism Boosters: 15 Calorie-Burning Foods That Will Help You Lose Weight
- 10 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- 9 Health Benefits Of Brown Rice
- 10 Things You Should Not Do When Tired