- 1 hr ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 3 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 4 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 4 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Movies Sridevi’s Last Film Mom Turns 3; Netizens Call It One Of The Best Thrillers Of Bollywood
- News Coronavirus: West Bengal to club containment, buffer zones; enforce tougher lockdown from July 9
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Sports England vs West Indies 1st Test: Dream11 Team Prediction, Playing XI Updates & Fantasy Cricket Tips
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Turmeric is one of the well-known Indian spices that has extremely useful qualities.
Turmeric has been in use for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. It contains compounds called curcuminoids, the important part of which is curcumin.
Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric that has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is also a very strong antioxidant.
Turmeric also helps in dramatically increasing the antioxidant capacity of the body.
Curcumin delivers a one-two inch punch against free radicals. It blocks them directly and stimulates the body's own antioxidant mechanism.
In this article we have mentioned some of the extremely useful qualities of turmeric that you have never known. Read further to know about the main health benefits of turmeric.
1. Gets Rid Of Cold:
Mix ½ spoon of dry turmeric into a glass of linseed oil. Heat it up until you get a strong aroma. Inhale it for 1-2 minutes. Do this two times a day.
2. It Improves Mood And Stimulates Brain Functioning:
Take 1 glass of water + ½ spoon turmeric + ½ spoon black pepper + a slice of lemon. The effect it gives is known to be instantaneous. This mixture is not recommended to be consumed if you have a stomach problem. The frequency of consumption must be once a day.
3. It Reduces Pain In The Joints:
Take ½ spoon turmeric powder + ½ spoon honey + 2-3 crushed garlic cloves. Apply the paste to the painful area for 15-20 minutes. Do this everyday for 2 weeks. This is one of the top benefits of turmeric for health.
4. Helps With Weight Loss:
Take 1 glass of milk + ½ spoon turmeric and make a mixture out of it. This drink can speed up the metabolism and reduces your appetite. You need to have this everyday in the morning and evening.
5. It Heals Wounds, Burns And Inflammation:
Take ½ spoon turmeric + ½ spoon ground ginger + a little water. Spread the paste on the affected area. Do this once a day.
6. Gets Rid Of Sore Throat:
Take ½ spoon of turmeric + ½ spoon of salt. Mix them together in a glass of hot water. Gargle with this three times a day.
7. Prevents Cancer:
Take ¼ spoon of turmeric + ½ spoon olive oil + a pinch of black pepper. Add the mixture to soups and salads or have it along with green tea. You can have this as often as possible. This is another top health benefit of turmeric.