TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Paleo diet also known as the caveman diet is known to give you real rapid results. But there are some essential elements that you need to know of before you go into it.
Our ancestors had some pretty solid eating habits. They naturally ate a lot of meat, eggs, vegetables and nuts.
This is what our modern day paleo diet typically consists of. Processed foods and whole foods are out of this list.
The most heavily processed foods like crackers, chips and cookies are completely out of this list. Even bread isn't part of the paleo diet as it requires too much technology to prepare it.
Dairy, legumes, beans, alcohol, sugar and even some starchy vegetables are off the list too.
The effects of paleo diet is compared to that of low fat diet. Those who went paleo lost nearly three times the amount of weight than people who ate little fat.
Here we have listed some of the things that you need to be aware of about paleo diet.
1. You Won't Always Lose Weight
As the diet emphasizes on lean protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates in the form of fruits and vegetables. So this can lead to weight gain at first. The amount of calories you're eating still matters a lot when it comes to weight loss.
Healthy fats in particular pack a surprising amount, so you need to watch your portion sizes in this.
2. You'll Want To Transition Slowly
Any diet that eliminates common foods is difficult to jump right into. Bread, peanut butter and coffee and staples for most people. Hence focusing on meat alone for days together can set you up in insane cravings.
You need to go slow while eliminating certain foods from your diet. Cutting out all the grains from your diet at once can feel like a struggle.
3. Your Meals Might Get Repetitive
Most people who follow this diet will get to taste very few recipes or combining ingredients. Most of your plate will involve some form of protein and a pile of vegetables. Over the long run, this diet can be very boring if you don't challenge yourself with different cooking techniques and food varieties
4. You Might fall Short On Some Nutrients
While the paleo diet has plenty of protein and fibre but it is lacking in calcium and vitamin D mainly due to the omission of dairy products. It is important to note that your body needs enough vitamin D to properly absorb calcium in the first place.
5. Don't Worry About Eating Too Much Protein
Protein helps keep your hunger in check and helps grow the muscles. There is plenty of research that shows a slew of benefits of consuming protein.