Urinary incontinence can occur to anyone, anytime and it commonly occurs in women than in men.
Mild urinary leakage is something that can affect women at some point of time in their lives. It is known to be more common among older women, but it can also occur in younger women.
Some of the things that you can experience are stress incontinence and urge incontinence.
The best part is, you don't have to break your head thinking of how to fix this issue. You just need to avoid certain foods from your diet when you experience this situation.
These foods are known to make your urinary incontinence worse and can throw things out of balance.
Also, here's a list to let you know of the factors/things that can cause urinary incontinence or make it worse. Have a look.
1. Fluid Intake:
This wouldn't come as a surprise, as it is a well known fact that milk, water and other beverages can lead to urinary incontinence. However, you should not completely cut off fluids from your diet, as it can lead to constipation and dehydration.
Alcohol is a diuretic that can produce more urine. This can lead to urge incontinence. This can irritate the bladder and is definitely a problem for people with an overactive bladder.
Caffeine is a diuretic as well as a bladder irritant. It can cause irritation of the bladder lining. Reducing your coffee consumption can help in one way. It is one of the foods that causes urinary incontinence.
Chocolate also contains caffeine and sugary content that can wreck havoc for an overactive bladder. Hence, it is suggested to not eat a chocolate in case you're going to spend more time outdoors.
Controlling your sweet tooth helps in controlling your bladder. Sugary foods as well as those that contain honey, corn syrup and fructose can aggravate the urinary incontinence condition.
6. Fizzy Drinks:
A can of coke can prove to be a disaster for your bladder. Carbonated drinks can worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Hence, it is recommended to avoid these, especially when you're outdoors.
7. Spicy Foods:
Several studies have suggested that avoiding spicy foods like cayenne pepper, chilli powder, etc., can reduce the symptoms of urinary incontinence. These foods can trigger the overactive bladder.
8. Citrus Fruits:
Citrus fruits can pose a problem for those with urinary incontinence. Acidic foods and beverages can irritate the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. These are one of the top foods that irritate the bladder and urethra.
9. Cranberry Juice:
Cranberry juice can worsen the symptoms of urinary problems due to its acidic pH value. This is not a good choice for those who have an irritable bladder.
Certain kinds of heart medications, blood pressure-lowering drugs, muscle relaxants, sedatives, etc., can make your urinary incontinence condition worse. Diuretics remove the excess fluid from the body, so that the heart and other organs can function better. But this can increase fluid load to the bladder.
- Can Cow Urine Cure Cancer? This Is What An Ayurvedic Expert Has To Say
- 9 Symptoms Of Bladder Infection And 5 Ways To Prevent It
- Blood In Urine Can Be A Sign Of This Disease, Check It Out!
- Frequent Urination: Ways To Keep Your Bladder Healthy
- Urine Sample Can Now Help Detect Prostate Cancer; Must Have Foods For Good Prostate Health
- Prostate Cancer Symptoms That Every Man Should Know About
- Is Peeing Too Much A Sign Of Bad Health?
- Ladies! Know These Causes Of Foamy Urine
- 10 Early Symptoms Of Kidney Disease That You Need To Know Before Its Too Late
- One Plant To Cure Urinary Tract Infection Without Medication
- Ladies, You Need To Do This One Thing Immediately After An Intercourse!
- Why Indians Drink Cow Urine? Health Benefits Of Cow Urine