- 52 min ago 17 Safe And Effective Home Remedies For Foot Pain
- 2 hrs ago 12 Most Effective Home Remedies For Rosacea On Face
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 July 2020
- 1 day ago Weekly Horoscope: 12 July To 18 July
- News Heavy rains likely over central India: IMD
- Sports Top cricketers of New Zealand to resume training this week: NZC
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Keeps Up With His Routine While Being Hospitalized For COVID-19
- Finance 4 Reasons To Buy The PPF Now
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Rumored Smartphones Expected To Launch
- Automobiles Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
In rural areas, where there are no adequate medical facilities, people first try folk remedies. They may not sound rational or seem like logical practices but some reports say that they do work.
For example, there is a practice of putting drops of oil in the belly button to cure certain types of health conditions.
Here is one such remedy that involves alcohol in the place of various types of oils. Read on to know how it helps.
What Does It Treat?
If you are suffering from cough, cold, flu or stomach pain, try this remedy. But if the problem persists even after trying the remedy, then consult a doctor without relying more on the remedy.
How To Try The Remedy?
It just involves placing a piece of cotton that is dipped in diluted alcohol on your navel. (If you have cuts or blisters around the navel, don't use alcohol as it may cause burning sensation.)
How Much Of Alcohol?
Take 2 tablespoons of alcohol (50%) and dip a small cotton ball in it. Place that cotton on your navel or belly button. Relax for a while and remove the cotton after 10-20 minutes.
What Else Can Be Treated?
This remedy is said to treat cramps and even muscle pains. You may need to apply some amount of pressure on the navel if you are trying to treat stomach pain.
Who Shouldn't Try This Remedy?
If your skin is sensitive or if you are allergic to the smell of alcohol, then avoid trying this remedy.
Are There Any Side Effects?
In healthy people, this remedy may not show any side effects. But if you are concerned about side effects, talk to your doctor before trying this remedy.