- Movies Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham: Mohanlal Reveals The Official Teaser!
- News Islam followers never subjected to discrimination in India: Bhaiyyaji Joshi on CAA
- Sports Australian Open 2020: Paes, Ostapenko off to winning start; Bopanna, Kichenok reach quarters
- Technology Oppo Might Launch Its Financial Services In India This Year: Report
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Would you be surprised if you were told that a large portion of the world population is suffering from obesity? Probably not, because it is clear for everyone to see that irregular working habits, stress and irregular food habits have resulted in ignorance of health and nutrition. As per the WHO, in 2014 alone, a total of 39% adults were diagnosed to be overweight and 13% were obese.
Overweight and obese have been defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that affect health negatively. Body Mass Index (BMI) is a simple index that is used to measure one's weight in proportion to one's height.
If an adult's BMI is greater than or equal to 25, he or she is considered to be overweight; and if it is greater than or equal to 30, then he or she is considered as being obese.
So, what happens to your body when you let obesity rule? Well, here are 5 conditions that are common among the people suffering from obesity. Take a look.
Diabetes: Diabetes is a chronic disorder recognized by high blood sugar. In Type-I diabetes, there is lack of insulin; while in Type-II diabetes, there are factors that oppose the action of insulin. It's frightening to know that over 50% of people with diabetes are unaware of their condition. Common symptoms of diabetes include fatigue, blurred vision, dry mouth and excessive thirst, hunger, fruity breath and frequent urination.
PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition in which a woman has an imbalance of female hormones, central adiposity with increased insulin and androgens that may lead to menstrual cycle changes (either missed or irregular), cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant, acne, excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back and stomach, hair loss and weight gain. It can affect all females - from adolescence to post menopausal stage.
Hypertension: Hypertension is a condition where the blood pressure is consistently elevated. While 120/80 mm Hg is considered as the ideal blood pressure, people suffering from hypertension see elevated levels of 140/90 mm Hg or above. While hypertension can be hereditarily acquired, it is also a result of obesity. Untreated hypertension can lead to complications like heart failure and ischaemic heart disease, stroke and renal failure.
Hypothyroidism: This condition is also called underactive thyroid disease. You suffer from this condition when your thyroid gland does not make enough of thyroid hormone, which causes your body processes - such as metabolism - to slow down. As a result, you suffer from low energy levels, frequent muscle cramps, constipation, poor appetite, swelling in the face and legs, memory loss, slowed thinking and mental activity and weight gain among other things.
Cardiovascular Diseases: As per statistics shared by the WHO, 31% of adults suffer from cardiovascular diseases or conditions related to the heart and blood vessels. Heart attack, heart failure, arrhythmia, heart valve problems and stroke are some conditions that have increased in occurrence in the recent years.
All the 5 conditions mentioned above can be avoided or controlled with regular exercise and by monitoring food habits. However, due to hectic schedules and increasing work load, people have not been able to give their health the attention it requires. But it is never too late to take that action.
VLCC, as a part of the wellness solutions, has introduced medically supervised "Get Well Soon" programmes and packages. These weight loss and body shaping packages are specially designed for people suffering from common ailments like Hypothyroidism, PCOS, Diabetes and Hypertension, which are directly linked with Obesity.
Those who want to control their weight and avoid being affected by obesity can join these programmes. This is also suitable for those who are already suffering from these conditions and want to control the effects now.
Based on Medical, Fitness and Health assessments, including BCA, Anthropometry and DNA screening, the 'Get Well Soon' programmes include the following planned, monitored and customized solutions:
- Ongoing Medical Supervision by their in-house doctors throughout the programme.
- Personalized Therapeutic Diet Plan for specific ailment.
- Customized Exercise Routine with special precautions and contraindications.
- Supporting therapies and appliance in unique combination to help take care of signs and symptoms of the disease and achieve weight loss and body shaping goals.
- Lifestyle Education that focuses on practical training and achieving optimal emotional health.
Well, it is time to give your health the first priority. Take a step in the right direction by giving your body the care it truly needs and deserves!