- 1 hr ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 2 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 2 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 3 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- News Congress, Shiv Sena, NCP hold meeting to discuss Common Minimum Programme
- Sports India vs Bangladesh, 1st Test: Indian pace attack in one of the most lethal in world cricket: Ashwin
- Movies Music Director Anu Malik Denies All The Sexual Harassment Allegations Levelled Against Him
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Did you know that overdoing some healthy foods can have a few major consequences?
All of us think that part of the battle of healthy eating is done if you find the foods that are considered healthy for you and consume these on a regular basis.
There are some healthy foods that you must never consider eating, as they can only do more harm than good. Branding and labelling foods as 'sugar-free', 'all-natural' and 'organic' would make us want to believe they are healthy; however, the truth is quite the contrary.
Overindulgence of certain foods can turn out to give very bad consequences to our body.
To make things a little easier for you, we have listed some of the healthy foods that you should never eat often.
Turns out that some of these foods are not as healthy as you thought they were. Some of these foods can be secret sugar bombs or can put you into an inflammation overdrive.
So, read further to know more about the healthy foods that you must not eat every day.
1. Smoked Salmon:
When salmons are smoked, they generate polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and dietary exposure can result in excess lifetime cancer. You can consume them safely in a roasted manner.
Kombucha is known to be very acidic and can leave you with a heartburn. Further, sipping it throughout the day can regularly expose your teeth to the sugar that can lead to cavities.
Tunas are considered to be one of the healthiest foods ever. But due to its high mercury content, you must never eat them every day, especially if you're nursing or are pregnant. Mercury poisoning can cause vision problem and muscle weakness.
4. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil is a saturated fat that is abundant in medium-chain triglycerides which can decrease the levels of overall cholesterol and triglyceride. It's calorie dense and contains 121 calories per spoon. This is one of the healthy foods you must not eat every day.
5. Canned Soup:
Canned soup is packed with a sodium punch that goes beyond the recommended 2300 mg per day. If you cannot live without soup, then go for lower-sodium varieties. This is one of the healthy foods that you must not eat often.
6. Grilled Meat:
Grilled meat like beef, pork, fish and poultry when cooked at high temperatures like pan-frying or grilling can create cancer-causing compounds like heterocyclic amines (HCAs).
7. Fruit Juice:
Fruit juices are just as bad as soda. An average fruit juice contains a fructose concentration of 45.5 grams and for soda it is 50 grams.
Margarine contains trans fat that can increase someone's risk of developing type 2 diabetes and several other health problems.
9. Vegetable Oils:
Vegetable oils are one of those healthy oils that you must never eat often. Vegetable oils like canola oil are highly inflammatory and are not at all healthy by any means.
10. Exotic Coffee Drinks:
Those coffee cups that you order during your dates are doing no good to you. These popular lattes contain excessive amounts of sugar, particularly high fructose corn syrup, that can damage our liver.