- 5 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 6 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 7 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- Sports IPL 2021: Last two games we’ve adjusted to the conditions: Sam Curran after CSK’s win over RR
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Movies Nakuul Mehta’s Wife Jankee Reveals Their Two-Month-Old Son Was Diagnosed With Bilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Whatever gets into your mouth will have to get through the kidneys. So, imagine the kind of torture your kidneys need to undergo when you ingest too many toxins.
What harms your kidneys? Exposing your kidneys to certain chemical substances can damage the bladder, ureter and even the kidneys.
Also Read: Reasons To Detox Your Kidneys
Halogenated hydrocarbons can cause toxic injury to your kidneys. Heavy metals like lead and cadmium may kill the kidneys or cause renal failure. Here are some substances that hurt your kidneys.
Even antibiotics harm your kidneys. In fact, that is why kidney patients are not allowed to consume strong antibiotics.
If you have to use antibiotics, prefer natural remedies first and then consult your doctor instead of gulping over-the-counter antibiotic pills.
Not all medical tests are safe. Some of them use a substance known as contrast dye in MRI scans. If you have any kidney issues, contrast dye can worsen it.
Also Read: What Happens When You Eat Banana Stem?
All recreational drugs like cocaine and heroin damage the kidneys soon. In fact, they also raise the blood pressure and may also cause heart failure.
Even aspirin, ibuprofen and acetaminophen are not good for your kidneys. Unless your doctor suggests them, never take them.
Also Read: Why Lemon Water Is A Medicine?
Liver is not the only organ that suffers if you drink too much. Even your kidneys undergo torture if you drink alcohol. The job of your kidneys is to filter your blood. In heavy drinkers, kidneys may lose their efficiency soon as they have to keep filtering the alcohol on a daily basis.
Some prescribed laxatives are harmful to the kidneys. Some of them may even cause acute kidney injury. It is better to use natural remedies to cleanse your bowels.
Also Read: 7 Ways To Cleanse Your Kidneys
Quit drinking alcohol and stay away from recreational drugs. Avoid the over use of laxatives. Reduce taking over-the-counter pills for health issues.