Many people try to give up on meat in order to become a vegetarian, as it is known to promote better health.
Studies have suggested that vegetarians have lower rates of diabetes, obesity, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Sticking to a vegetarian diet, doesn't put you at the risk of any illness or nutrient deficiency. The initial transition can be pretty tough to cope up with.
For those who eat meat on a regular basis, it can be a tad bit difficult task and hence this can make them fall ill often.
Also Read: Are You Eating Every Colour Of The Rainbow?
Here, we have presented a beginner's guide on how to turn into a vegetarian without falling sick.
So, continue reading this article to know how to be a vegetarian and not fall sick.
1. Don't Assume Everything Vegetarian Is Healthy:
Not all vegetarian foods are healthy. A healthy vegetarian diet must be a balanced one that involves a colourful variety of fruits, vegetables, brown rice, quinoa, etc.
2. Know How Much Protein You Need:
You need to get the right source of protein, as vegetarian foods will be the only source of protein foods for you now. You can get it in a right quantity from beans, nuts, nut butter, eggs, tofu, lentils, etc.
3. Measure Your Fats:
Your source of fats is plant based like chia seeds, flax seeds, walnuts and so on. Hence, you need to be more careful not to gain excess calories from nuts and seeds. You need to keep a tab on your fat intake. This is one of the best guide tips to becoming a vegetarian without falling ill.
4. Assess Your Intake Of Iron:
In case you notice fatigue or muscle weakness after cutting off from meat, then don't ignore this. This can be a sign of anaemia. This condition occurs when the body doesn't have enough of iron to create red blood cells.
5. Skip Processed Meat Alternatives:
Imitation chicken tenders or veggie burgers are mostly made of soy and corn and are not at all a healthy choice. These can be high in calories, fat and sodium that can contribute to weight gain, high blood pressure and heart disease.
6. Try New Recipes:
It is a myth that all vegetarians eat salad. If you're not used to cooking vegetarian meals, then you need to start learning it. Eating the same meal every day can limit the nutrient intake. Hence, it is important to experiment with different healthy vegetarian dishes. This is one of the best beginners guide tips to becoming a vegetarian.
- 11 Highest Sources Of Protein For Vegetarians
- Vegetarian Diet For Weight Gain
- Akki Rotti Recipe: Karnataka Style Akki Rotti Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe | How To Prepare Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry
- Cauliflower Oats Tikki Recipe: How To Prepare Oats Cutlet At Home
- Jowar Tomato Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Millet Flour Tomato Chilla At Home
- Soya Vegetable Mix Recipe
- Poha Recipe: How To Prepare Avalakki At Home
- Ragi Rotti Recipe
- Aloo Matar Gravy Recipe: How To Prepare Potato Peas Gravy At Home
- Vegetables On Sugarcane Sticks Recipe
- Creamy Tomato And Spinach Pasta Recipe