Are you eating every colour of the rainbow? No matter what your age is, you need to eat fruits and vegetables belonging to every colour that is there in the rainbow.
The rainbow of fruits and vegetables contains an abundant of vitamins and minerals that provide you with the right kind of nutrients for the body. This article will let you know how to eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables get their colour and its health benefits from phytochemicals. "Phytochemicals" is the term for the nutrients that are found in plant-based foods and thus include antioxidants, carotenoids, anthocyanins and polyphenols.
It was found that about 4000 phytochemicals exist and hence in order to get all these nutrients, you need to eat a variety of coloured fruits and vegetables.
In this article, we have discussed about how to eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables and their benefits. Read further to know about the ' eat the rainbow lesson plan'.
This is one of the easiest colours to eat. There are a wide variety of fruits and vegetables like apples, cherries, cranberries, pomegranate, beets, ball peppers, chilli peppers, etc. These contain a wide variety of nutrients and aid with weight loss, allergies and also help boost the immune system.
Some of the top fruits and vegetables in this colour are oranges, carrots, pumpkin, pomegranate, sweet potatoes, habenero peppers, etc. Foods in an orange colour contain carotenoid pigment that contains abundant antioxidative properties.
Some of best yellow-coloured foods include lemons, pears, turnips, corn, cauliflower, chard, etc. Bananas, pineapple and star fruits are some of the other examples.
Dark leafy greens are chocked with fibre and antioxidants. Some of them are spinach, kiwi, broccoli, kale, cucumbers, avocado, etc.
Blue is of course one of the hardest colours to find in fruits and vegetables. Some of the rare examples are blueberries and blue corn that are abundant in antioxidants.
Purple foods are also popular foods with high amounts of phytochemicals that can prevent breast cancer. Some of the examples are grapes, eggplant, purple cabbages, etc.
- 10 Best Fruits That Burn Belly Fat
- 10 Homemade Electrolyte Drinks You Should Try Right Now
- Are Grapes Bad For You When Trying To Lose Weight?
- 11 Foods Rich In Copper That You Need To Add In Your Diet
- Top 10 Foods High In Sulphur
- Top Vitamin B5 Rich Foods To Include In Your Diet
- 12 Best Foods For Stomach Flu
- 11 Foods For Healthy Uterus And Ovaries
- 12 Ways To Gain Weight Naturally At Home
- Sidharth Malhotra Shares Top 10 Diet And Workout Tips On His Birthday
- 12 Healthy Foods That Give You Energy To Boost You Up Instantly
- 14 Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Jackfruit
- Homemade Vegetable Face Packs For Glowing Skin