- 16 min ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Turn Stylish Fashion Inspiration For Couples As They Match From Head-To-Toe
- 46 min ago The Wild Dog Actress Saiyami Kher Flaunts Two Stunning Outfits; Which One Will You Pick?
- 1 hr ago Ramadan 2021: Tips For A Stronger Immune System When Fasting
- 1 hr ago Ramadan 2021: Some Myths And Facts Associated That One Need To Know
- News Declare COVID-19 'natural calamity': Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray urges PM Modi
- Finance Petrol & diesel rates slashed by 16 and 14 paise: Check latest rates here
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs CSK: Preview, Live Telecast, Live Streaming, TV timing, Pitch report
- Movies Why Did Geeta Basra Never Return To Acting After Marrying Harbhajan Singh?
- Technology Amazon Sony Audio Days 2021: Discount Offer On Headphones, Speakers, Home Theatre, And More
- Education MPBSE MP Board Exam 2021 Postponed For Class 10, 12 Amid Covid Crisis
- Automobiles Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
Beetroot is known to be good for those suffering from anaemia and high blood pressure. But a new research has found that beetroot is one of the best foods to consume post workout session.
Consuming beetroot helps reduce soreness after intense exercises, according to a study.
The research was conducted by the scientists at the University of Northumbria. For the study 30 physically active men between the ages of 18 and 28, who work out at least twice a week were taken into consideration.
During the study the men were made to do 100 intensive jump exercises that caused muscle damage in their legs.
For the next three days, the men were required to drink either 250ml beetroot juice, 125ml beetroot juice or a placebo. The placebo had the same calories and carbohydrate content as beetroot juice.
Dr Tom Clifford, who led the study said "Three days of consuming the higher beetroot juice dose enhanced participants' recovery. Those in the beetroot juice group jumped an average of 18 per cent higher than those in the placebo group two days after completing the exercise bout."
Beetroot is rich in important nutirents like vitamin, zinc, magnesium, saponins, flavonoids, chlorine, betaine, sodium, calcium and natural nitrates. Due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, beetroot help in reducing the soreness quickly.