- News How the Maradona magic gripped Kolkata
- Finance Gold Prices Steady After Losing Rs 2,000 In 8-days
- Education AYUSH Counselling 2020: Check AYUSH NEET Counselling 2020 Registration Process
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Long Distance Trial Run From Delhi To Agra: Here Are All Details
- Technology iPhone Ringtone MP3 Download for Android: How To Download iPhone Ringtone On Your Android Smartphone
- Sports Diego Maradona dies: A look at the Argentina and Napoli icon's greatest ever goals
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Quenching the thirst with a bottle of soft drink might provide the needed relief at that moment of time. But what would happen to your health after that? Have you realized? You will be surprised to know that soft drinks, popularly known as soda start affecting your body negatively just an hour after its consumption.
It contains huge amounts of sugar, artificial sweetners, caffeine and water which might be impure. It also has high soda content and is filled with fructose corn syrup. This syrup comes from corn, which is genetically modified and ends up harming the body.
The nutrient content in soft drinks is absolutely nil. Despite knowing the fact that soft drinks are bad for one's health, it is being consumed in huge amounts across the world.
Due to the high sugar and caffeine content in soft drinks, you often feel dehydrated soon after you drink any soft drink. If you have not noticed then check it for youself the next time you drink it. If you do not take care of it on time then it might lead to chronic dehydration.
Also Read: Signs That You Are Addicted To Soft Drinks
Apart from this, there are several adverse health effects which soft drinks can have on your body immediately an hour after you drink it. Take a look.
1. Increases Blood Sugar Level:
A single can of soft drink contains not less than 10 teaspoons of sugar. Along with this it contains other artificial sweetners and caffeine which are harmful for the body. As soon as one drinks it, it enters your body and within an hour it seems to have an effect on the body. It immediately increases the blood sugar level.
2. Leads To More Fat Accumulation:
Soft drinks contain excessive amounts of sugar, artificial sweetners and caffeine. All these ingredients are known to increase the fat level in the body.
3. Increases Blood Pressure:
The caffeine content in the cold drinks and soda gets abosorbed by the body and this gives rise to high blood pressure immediately an hour after you drink it.
4. Weakens The Bones:
Calcium absorption, which is important for bone health, is affected by the consumption of soft drinks. The soda, phosphoric acid, artificial sweetners and high sugar content in it pushes out the calcium as one passes urine. This leads to deficiency of calcium in the body.
5. Leads To Tooth Decay:
Soft drinks contain a lot of sugar, artificial sweetners and citric acid. These ingredients are known to have an immediate effect on the teeth. It leads to tooth decay and also bad breath.
6. Increases Risk Of Obesity:
Soft drinks are filled with sugar, artificial sweetners and caffeine which are high in calories. All these ingredients cause obesity.
7. Increases Risk Of Heart Problem:
Excess intake of soda can be risky for the heart as it contains large amounts of sugar, artificial sweetners and caffeine. These ingredients are harmful for the heart and increase the risk of heart attack.
8. Increases Digestion Problem:
Soft drinks contains phosphoric acid. When the phosphoric acid gets mixed with the stomach acid it blocks the absorption of nutrients and affects digestion.