- 56 min ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 2 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- 6 hrs ago 12 Home Remedies For COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Essential oils are those that are extracted directly from the parts of trees like bark, flower, fruit, root, leaves, resin, etc. These are great agents of healing and have been in use over several hundreds of years.
Essential oils include a complex network of molecules that have different benefits for our body.
They are so effective that they can be used in place of drugs and medicines to improve your body's power to heal and cure.
Here we list 9 essential oils that are helpful for our body:
This has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which improve the skin health, besides repelling bugs. The citrus fruit is also being used to combat foodborne pathogens.
Clove essential oil is known to have antiseptic properties and it kills bacteria to prevent diseases. Studies have noted that clove essential oil against E. coli bacteria and also those that cause skin infections and pneumonia is found to be very effective.
A healthy essential oil which has antiviral, antibacterial and antispasmodic properties, eucalyptus essential oil is extremely helpful in neutralising Staph infections in almost no time.
Oregano essential oil has almost endless number of health benefits - be it antibacterial, antifungal, etc. Oregano oil treats respiratory tract disorders, besides problems like heartburn and bloating. It can also be used to get relief from the urinary tract infection, rheumatoid arthritis, skin ailments like ringworm, muscle pain, canker sores, dandruff, fatigue, etc.
This essential oil is very useful in killing cancerous cells and curbing the possibility of tumours. Besides, it helps in dealing with problems that are related to digestion, immunity, oral health, stress, etc.
6. Tea Tree:
An antiseptic for burn and cut injuries, besides treating several bacterial and fungal infections, tea tree oil is not found to be toxic as many had feared.
Besides healing injuries like burns, cuts and stings, the antioxidants in lavender prevent diabetes and help reduce antioxidant enzyme activities. This essential oil also keeps heart diseases at bay.
This regulates blood pressure (just say no to those scary pills that you have been taking for long), besides improving cognitive functions, reducing aches and pains and stimulating growth of hair.
This treats several physiological processes from the production of melanin to proper functioning of the nervous system, besides healing sore throats. Researchers have even concluded that sandalwood oil helps in treating Alzheimer's disease.