- 12 hrs ago Lesser Known Facts About India's Best Shuttler, PV Sindhu
- 12 hrs ago Actor Sonu Sood Joins Special Olympics Bharat As Brand Ambassador
- 12 hrs ago How To Prevent The Spread Of Zika Virus Infection
- 13 hrs ago House Of Gucci Trailer: Lady Gaga As Patrizia Reggiani Stuns Us With Her Glamorous Fashion
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 July 31 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Makes A Comeback, Divyanka Tripathi Sets Record
- Finance These 2 Stocks Can Rally Up To 36%, Buys Says This Brokerage
- Technology Friendship Day 2021 Gift Ideas: Best True Wireless Earbuds Starts From Rs. 899
- News Dams almost full in West Bengal due to heavy rain; Water discharge to rise: Officials
- Sports WWE Friday Night Smackdown results, recap and highlights: July 30, 2021
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Suji or semolina, the coarse wheat middlings used for making a variety of food items is a very popular food item in India. Like many other wheat products, suji also contains gluten and hence those who areallergictowheat or are suffering from celiac disease should avoid it.
But otherwise, suji is a universally acclaimed food for its great taste and healthy benefits. It contains B-complex vitamins, including folate and thiamin besides various other mineral nutrients.
Here are some benefits that suji offersto our health:
1. Helps in regulating weight:
Suji is made of durum wheat which keeps you fuller for a long time by taking a long time to get digested and release the energy slowly. In this way, it kills the hunger cravings and helps in regulating your weight by helping you to avoid overeating. You can also have suji in the night as it is a light food and will not push you towards gaining weight.
2. Gives energy:
Suji is a great supplier of energy and helps you avoid feeling lethargic. Have suji dishes with vegetables so that you get a great nourishment.
3. Great aid to the nervous system:
The phosphorus, zinc and magnesium content in suji helps the nervous system.
4. Gives strong bones:
Suji is also great for our bones as it increases their density and keepsthem healthy and strong.
5. Good for heart:
Suji is a great agent for the heart. It protects us against heart diseases. The selenium content in suji prevents infection and strengthens the immunity.
6. Good for overall body function:
The rich nutrient content in suji makes it a suitable food for the overall functioning of the body. The potassium in suji supports functioning of the heart and kidney while phosphorus is needed to metabolise energy. Magnesium in suji is good forthemuscles.
7. Anti-anaemic agent:
Suji contains iron which boosts blood circulation and hence neutralises anaemic tendency.
8. Diet food during illness:
Suji serves as a diet food during illness for both adults and children. It is not just easy to prepare but also easy to digest.
9. Good for diabetics:
Suji is a low-glycemic food and is recommended for those who havediabetes. Besides giving the diabetics regular energy, it also keeps the blood sugar low.
10. Prevents constipation:
The fibre content in suji helps us digest the food easily and have an easy bowel movement as well.